Unwashed hair self cleaning and amazing

Then after the 3 or so months, do you wash it and start all over again, or just NEVER wash again ?

After 3 months Goldenfleece will develop Golden Flees....only kidding! :hihi:

It is supposed to work, but don't think I could cope with not washing it after a week. Only wash my hair couple of times a week anyway.

After 3 months Goldenfleece will develop Golden Flees....only kidding! :hihi:

It is supposed to work, but don't think I could cope with not washing it after a week. Only wash my hair couple of times a week anyway.

What I meant to ask, after the one year, do you keep on going or shampoo it and start all over again, there must be a turning point (I think).

It's just an interesting thread, although I'm too old to start to experiment on this, being a OAP I might not live to see the results :hihi:

Why don't you and Goldenfleece post pictures of your hair? Then the 'tramp' comments can be laid to rest! I have really thin hair and very oily skin so I can't imagine doing this. Would never be able to leave the house in the first stages and work wouldn't like that :( .... now if I were to win the lottery....

FUnnily enough, I was thinking about a similar thing today; that it would be difficult to manage it if you had thin, poker straight hair. I have long, thick, naturally wavy hair, so when it went through a difficult stage it didn't matter so much as I don't generally coiffe my hair anyway and I only brush it before I wash it or it looks crazy. If I can get it together I will post a photo, although it just looks like normal long hair, nothing gruesome to see. It just feels better than it ever has. No dry hair, frizzy ends, itchy scalp....

This sounds great and I really want to try it, I have long thickish hair.

A couple of questions, what about going to the gym? Does just washing in warm water get rid of the sweat (and smell)? Also swimming, my cap doesn't fit properly so the water always gets in, how will I get rid of the smell of chlorine?

Just to add, I don't normally put any other product in my hair except shampoo and conditioner. I never straighten and only blow dry once in a blue moon.

Yes, it does. I've just been away on holiday, got very hot on the beach, used sun lotion, swam in the sea.... It's still really good, and didn't smell at all. If you feel you need your hair to smell of a perfume though you could always spray a little perfume into the air then let it settle on your hair.

I've also been in swimming pools and when rinsed well in the shower the chlorine smell goes away.

• 4 months later...

So, those people who are not washing their hair - how is it going? I've plucked up the nerve to give it a try myself; last washed it on New Year's Eve!

So far it's still manageable, by that I mean I've not cracked and washed it yet :)

Dammit, wish I'd seen this post a couple of weeks ago - I wash my hair every day and if I don't it is a greasy mess by lunchtime! I would definitely have to try this when I wasn't at work for a while. Oh well, next Christmas ! :(

• 4 weeks later...

Update on the hair - I'm 4 weeks in and it still looks quite greasy! I can't leave it loose, still have to tie it up all of the time :(

However, the dry, itchy scalp has cleared up completely which makes me reluctant to wash again. I'm going to give it a bit longer and see if it starts to look better...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I just couldn't resist chiming in here...

I do this (not wash hair) and my hair looks GREAT. It is waist long, shiny and glossy. I do occasionally (every month or 2) wash it with an all natural shampoo if I want to.

There is a trick to this however... ;)

I have a massager for my scalp that I use almost everyday, usually in the morning and at night. It looks like a hand hald scrubby brush but it has large rounded wooden knobs. My SCALP feels AMAZING afterwards, and really gives my hair, which is fine and flat, a lift.

I also have a boar bristle brush (all natural, possibly nylon could work too) that I brush with after massaging. It redistributes the oils and accumulated stuff in my hair from the roots to ends, helping the hair get rid of extra dust too. It fluffs the hair and it no longer looks stringy, just glossy and full.

Without the massager and the brush, I would not be able to stand not washing my hair for more than a few days. Not to mention it would look disgustingly stringy and oily.

Together they work almost like a dry wash for my hair. I am simply wowed at this effect, as originally I didn't plan to stop washing my hair. I have never been into washing my hair too much, as it is so long and takes forever. Today I shampooed for the first time since probably new year's. I want to use henna to color my hair so I figured it might attach better if the hair is stripped of oil by shampooing.

My hair does tend to smell like whatever I was around the night before, but a good massage and brush outdoors usually takes care of that.

I got my brush and massager from Morroccomethod.com, although the massager they sell now is all rubber and I might try that one soon since the one I have occasionally snags. I'm sure there's tons of places to buy similar supplies as they are pretty basic looking.

Archived