Unwashed hair self cleaning and amazing

Well the science goes that the scalp produces enough of its own natural chemicals and oils to strip out all dirt and contaminants from the hair naturally. By just rinsing the hair daily in warm water all the contaminants from the atmosphere are removed, but even if not risning daily, the natural oil in the hair from the scalp pushes all the dirt and particles of crap out of the hair by itself.

Remember the scalp is used to your hair being washed in horrid shampoo daily or a few times a week, and produces TONS of unwanted oils to try and re-balance the chemically stripped hair.....once the scalp WORKS OUT you are no longer using shampoo, the oil production will slow right back until just enough is released to self-clean and lubricate the hair......eventually the built up oil will evaporate or disappear by itself, leaving totally gorgeous hair. It works!!!! But expect the first few weeksa to be HELL as the scalp wont have adjusted its oil production....it needs time to compensate....the self cleaning process is supposed to be in full operational mode after 3 months, but I found in just 4 weeks my hair was shiny, rich, full and amazing feeling, no odours or smells at all other than a natural fresh one, without any shampoo, conditioners, wax, mousse, or ANYTHING but warm water rinses daily.

The only people who WONT agree with this are the shampoo makers!!!!! (obviously)

I think it's one of those things that in theory sound wonderful - but the practicalities of suffering a painfully itchy head after the first 2 days, coupled with the whole 'professional and appropriate' dress code would be enough to turn me off - I gotta ask, though, what did your hair look like between 1 and 4 weeks?! And how long/thick is your hair? - mine's halfway down my back and would doubtless look absolutely skanky in no time!

If i do ever manage to do the whole year out travelling thing at some point in my thirties, i'd love to give it a go though ...

Well the science goes that the scalp produces enough of its own natural chemicals and oils to strip out all dirt and contaminants from the hair naturally. By just rinsing the hair daily in warm water all the contaminants from the atmosphere are removed, but even if not risning daily, the natural oil in the hair from the scalp pushes all the dirt and particles of crap out of the hair by itself.

Remember the scalp is used to your hair being washed in horrid shampoo daily or a few times a week, and produces TONS of unwanted oils to try and re-balance the chemically stripped hair.....once the scalp WORKS OUT you are no longer using shampoo, the oil production will slow right back until just enough is released to self-clean and lubricate the hair......eventually the built up oil will evaporate or disappear by itself, leaving totally gorgeous hair. It works!!!! But expect the first few weeksa to be HELL as the scalp wont have adjusted its oil production....it needs time to compensate....the self cleaning process is supposed to be in full operational mode after 3 months, but I found in just 4 weeks my hair was shiny, rich, full and amazing feeling, no odours or smells at all other than a natural fresh one, without any shampoo, conditioners, wax, mousse, or ANYTHING but warm water rinses daily.

The only people who WONT agree with this are the shampoo makers!!!!! (obviously)

Then after the 3 or so months, do you wash it and start all over again, or just NEVER wash again ?

I just wash my hair when I am in the bath with hand soap (Imperial Lather) and my hair is nice and soft and shiny, but one of the reasons why I think you have to wait is so that the hair that has been in contact with the shampoo has grown out.

Archived