Unwashed hair self cleaning and amazing

If i do ever manage to do the whole year out travelling thing at some point in my thirties, i'd love to give it a go though ...

purple_ frog, why don't you try it first them let us know next year how it looks.:D

Hmm, I like the sound of it in theory, but I really wouldn't be able to do it! My head starts to itch like crazy after two days, so even though I'd know it would get better after a week or so I couldn't live with it for that long, I'd probably itch my head off!

That said on a website for people with naturally curly hair http://www.naturallycurly.com some people swear by not using shampoo, they do the rinsing with warm water thing but also use diluted conditioner to rinse through it I think, before using conditioner as usual...

i have been 'not washing my hair' for about 4 years now.... i'll rinse it in water yes, and i'll wet it in the shower, and every 3 months or so i'll give it a proper clean (since all the dust and what not gets in your hair, specially if long), my hair is quite greasy naturally, and after washing it, its gets really bad for a week or so, but then settles down and find a balance, people comment how soft ad shiny my hair is... it also grows much faster than normal.

After reading various reviews about the merits of NEVER washing your hair again using shampoo or conditioners, and just rinsing from time to time in water, I have now been convinced. Not washed my hair for 4 weeks and it feels great, although it takes up to 3 months before the full 'self cleaning' processes to settle down, giving you hair condition that even the most expensive shampoo in the world cannot imitate.

Anyone tried never washing their hair? It goes crap after about 5 days but hold out for 2 weeks and it starts to improve itself, and by week 4, looks healthy and glowing and all the excess oils evaporate away......amazing....never buy shampoo and conditioner again, waste of money and bad for environment:)

You can't be serious? No shampoo or conditioner? What do you use to clean your hair? Damn!

i have been 'not washing my hair' for about 4 years now.... i'll rinse it in water yes, and i'll wet it in the shower, and every 3 months or so i'll give it a proper clean (since all the dust and what not gets in your hair, specially if long), my hair is quite greasy naturally, and after washing it, its gets really bad for a week or so, but then settles down and find a balance, people comment how soft ad shiny my hair is... it also grows much faster than normal.

I did ask earlier but i think it was missed :hihi: do you think it would still work well if you colour or straighten the hair?

Yes it does go crap for a few weeks, mine was quite bad on week 3, and its below my shoulders in length.....but I just bared my teeth and put up with it, its now looking more natural then ever........once you stop washing it and let the self cleaning mechanics of the hair naturally get up to speed, kiss goodbye to the horrid chemical shampoo, organic or otherwise.....ALL YOU NEED IS DAILY RINSING IN WARM WATER, although you dont even need that in theory as the hair is so amazingly 'intelligent' it can deal with almost any pollution from the environment most naturally.......

My husband does this because his scalp gets so easily irritated by shampoos.

He just rinses his with running water when he has a shower and he's got gorgoeus hair - doesn't look dirty at all. He only shampoos it about once every 3 months.

Archived