Unwashed hair self cleaning and amazing

Hmmm i have been concerned about the condition of my hair for a while after colouring and straightening for a few months it is very dry and flyaway, i'm going to sound a right un now but i have started just washing it once a week when it realy needs it (unless i'm going out that is) and its made a big difference to the condition, i really think our hair needs its natural oils to be healthy, after all we wash them out then replace with artificial ones like conditioner :loopy:

I have decided that when my social calendar hits an all time low :hihi: i am going to put a month aside and start to not wash it at all just rinse it, will just wash it once every 6 weeks before colouring.... or might not even do that, might try it without the washing first see what happens, when i do it i will post and say how it goes :D

So what happened?

not washed mine for 8 months and its fantastic...just a daily rinse in warm water is ALL hair needs......never been in as good condition as it is now

And I thought you used all the best products around. It certainly looks like you do, or it did when I saw you in the pub sat...

My hair is really thick and I have done similar by rinsing daily as some shampoos irritate my scalp. The result, a full thick head (in more ways than one) of shiny curly hair. I have since had my hair cut to keep it tidy for work. I'll soon be in a new job, confined to a cage away from the public eye. I do believe it's time for the curls to make a return.

wow...I actually believe it- after all, my dog's coat is lovely, soft and shiny, and he certainly doesn't get shampoo every day, it's all down to how he eats.

But I just couldn't do it.

I didn't wash my hair yesterday and it felt disgusting.

I know I shouldn't wash it everyday, but if I don't there's always someone asking me if my hair is wet when it isn't!

I'm tempted in a way but my brother went through a phase of not washing his hair (it was really long and in kind of matted dreadlocks- he was white). I'm afraid to say it was pretty stinky- is that because he didn't brush it and the dirt got trapped do you think?

And I thought you used all the best products around. It certainly looks like you do, or it did when I saw you in the pub sat....

I don't throw all my money down the sink by wasting it on shampoo and conditioners...they are all a total SCAM.....head will naturally cleanse itself after not washing, the build up oils you get eventually evaporate off leaving hair only the worlds best hairdressers could ever dream about......natural scalp oil cleans and treats the day on a 24/7 basis, just a daily or every 2 days rinse in warm water and natural drying is all that is needed.

And all you non believers out there, if you want to keep on destroying the environment and your bank balance with £12+ bottles of 'super' shampoo, then good luck to you. Actually they do no good at all to your hair, in fact they have a negative effect on its long term health. You can't beat natural scalp oil its the best hair cleansing and conditioning agent in the Universe.....

Just work it out, most people might spend hundreds a year on hair products, its dead money. Natural hair oil is FREE, and thoroughly resplendent....its just the hairdressing industry that wants you to believe natural hair oil is EVIL and should be washed away at once.......it's quite wonderful stuff that will do miracles for anyone. It cleanses and conditions and preserves in a way that no chemical in the world can, and its 100% natural and does not come in a bottle.......

Does the use of soap make a difference? (just soap and water)

re poppins, some people I know from africa with clean teeth, rub them with salt to clean opposed to toothpaste.

No soap is too astringent for hair it really wrecks it......tried it once years ago when ran out of shampoo and it was tangled and horrible for days.....

salt instead of toothpaste? I may try that one, another product that you think is not especially a big part of the weekly shopping bill, but adds up over the course of the year.....salt is somewhat cheaper!!!!

Archived