slimsid2000

Do you like the Empire Bar?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the Empire Bar?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not bothered either way

Originally posted by BigTone

It used to be a great bar but as usual it's gione downhill and the place is becomming a chav's hideout since the start of the year. They do some fantastic cocktail jugs which is still a good enough reason to go in and is the only reason that's keep the place going.

I hear on the grapevine they're changing the cocktail menu very soon.

You say it is a chav's hideout. What exactly do you mean by this? Does it have a problem with violence or drugs for example. I have never much witnessed this but then I don't go that often and wouldn't necessarily know what to look out for unless it was really obvious.

I used to go there quite a lot and the cocktails are great but it is a complete chav hangout now. Also full of teenagers - the last time I went in I felt like the oldest person there, I reckon about 90% of people were underage. It's like a playground full of underage fashion victims!!

Originally posted by slimsid2000

You say it is a chav's hideout. What exactly do you mean by this? Does it have a problem with violence or drugs for example. I have never much witnessed this but then I don't go that often and wouldn't necessarily know what to look out for unless it was really obvious.

I've never seen any fights in there but they type of people that are fashion victims, plenty of Stone Island & Henry Lloyd jumpers about that only Popeye the sailor man would be seen wearing so it's becomning a Chav's & Spiceboy hideout.

The music too is mainly hip-hop & R'n'B they play in Empire whjere as before (when it was good) they played a wide variety of music.

Never been a massive fan of the Empire - I haven't been for years and have no pressing desire to ever return.

One time a drunken fool in a checked shirt threw up all over me in the gents toilet. However, he did shove a twenty sheet into my hand immediately afterwards.

I suppose there are rougher places, and, admittedly, I've enjoyed a lovely pair of jugs from there before now...

Archived