Who is the best pool player in Sheffield (English Pool)?

Umm tough question! without doubt Terry hunt is the best player to ever come out of sheffield, but i would say the best player in sheff at the moment is Mark singleton he was southyorkshires number one player last season and he is this season. I know he's not from sheffield but he plays in sheff on a regular basis.

My top 5 in order, from me seeing them play or playing them myself and achievements;

- Ben

- Mark

- Terry

- Iceman

- Brett/Glyn/Dean

Although I must say I've never seen Alistair Bailie or Andrew Herriot play.

You're right there 8ball, it is Brett, I hit the keys in the wrong order. I used to play in that league (Lower Walkley) last year.

As for throwing a dart at the phone book, I started this topic mainly so I can see what other people think, not so I can give my half-arsed opinion. Well you have it now anyhow. There was that great thread a couple of years ago about who was best Iceman & Waller - maybe this time they'll actually play each other.

As for coming to county to take notes - it starts too early in the morning for me, I'm always still asleep from Saturday night. One day I may grace you all with my presence once more. I have been once before beat a few of the team and entered a knockout between the players but got knocked out in the 2nd round. So don't make out to me county is all that! I've had a few frames off Ian Stranack too, who plays for Cheshire.

But seriously, I know I've got a way to go before I can play county.

Alistair Bailie team from Doncaster play at the Springfield on the 29th of this month in the inter-league i think they got 4 pros inc John Waller,Gyln Martin ithink Andrew Herriott plus there will be a knockout before starting about 3pm trying to get Dean Reynolds to come.

Just sounding out what people really think, no one ever claims to be the best and no-one really knows. I think there should be a non-EPA-ranking cup/trophy for sheffield. An annual tournament where only players who have either finished top 10 county, won in one of the singles leagues or are a pro player. You could call it The Steel Cup.

It would be great for the very good non-pros to test their skills against the pros.

Archived