Wednesday v United - Can someone explain the rivalry

Anyone who needs the reason explaining to them won't understand.

Anyone who supports both is neither a Wednesday or United fan.

Anyone who says that they are both from sheffield misses the point

And to anyone who wants to go along to watch the matches next season to see what all the fuss is about don't bother there won't be enough tickets for those that know which side they support

Don't look for any rational comments regarding the two teams

OIL and WATER gives you a clue

There are two things in life you cannot alter.

Your date of birth and the team you support.

Perhaps it's a genetic thing I don't know.

In days gone by, a Wednesday supporter wouldn't eat streaky bacon cos of the red and white stripes and a Unitedite would only reluctantly go on a corporation bus cos they were blue and white (well cream really but near enough).

Can't understand these people who claim to have an allegiance to both United and that other lot.

Anyway, well done Wednesday for getting promotion.

You're really going to be a force to be reckoned with, phew, needed extra time to finish off the giants from Hartlepool.

More points for United.

:clap: :clap:

Originally posted by PhilipB

Anyway, well done Wednesday for getting promotion.

You're really going to be a force to be reckoned with, phew, needed extra time to finish off the giants from Hartlepool.

More points for United.

:clap: :clap:

Can you just remind us all what happened when you played those Giants from Wolverhampton at Cardiff in the play-off's??

:confused: :confused:

I'm just guessing here - but. . . . hmmmmm - didn't united sort of . . how shall I put it. . . .

Get trounced into oblivion.

Get the bacon knocked outa them.

Get fried, roasted, sizzled . . . . . . etc.

Yes mighnt be a stab in dark but didnt wolves play them off the park?. Ive got a massive box of straws at home any utd fans want some id be glad to have some trotted down to snortsville, at no cost may i add .:heyhey: :heyhey: :heyhey:

i hate the blades more than anything else in the world... why... i wish i knew.... if i was on a bus and the only seat empty was at the side of someone witha utd shirt on would i sit at the side of them?? yes... if someone in a utd shirt wanted my help would i help them?? yes. if a mate asked me to go to a utd match would i go and support utd for the day??? NEVER IN MY LIFE !! WHY ??? YOU TELL ME!!

your a blue or a red.:thumbsup:

Its because you are a true owl, i sometimes think the same but its just something thats inside you for some reason. i have mates and family who follow utd and get on great with them, but they coudnt drag me down to the lane kicking and screaming. ive been following the owls for 35 years and the feeling is still as strong now, why? god nos but it aint gunna change:heyhey: :heyhey:

Originally posted by Miss_60

.....Can someone explain the rivalry between Sheffield Wednesday and Sheffield United fans...and also why are the pubs they all drink in, segragated? .....can't all fans of football teams just get on and not dislike eachother so much?

It's because Sheffield United suck so bad and Sheffield Wednesday rule so much ;):hihi:

Originally posted by Lestat

Can you just remind us all what happened when you played those Giants from Wolverhampton at Cardiff in the play-off's??

:confused: :confused:

I'm just guessing here - but. . . . hmmmmm - didn't united sort of . . how shall I put it. . . .

Get trounced into oblivion.

Get the bacon knocked outa them.

Get fried, roasted, sizzled . . . . . . etc.

What like the sleeping Giants Sheffield Wednesday in the Mirror ,sleeping maybe, Giants what a joke.Chelsea,Liverpool,Man utd & City.Newcastle,need I go on sizzle sizzle UP THE BLADES

Archived