Wednesday v United - Can someone explain the rivalry

Originally posted by madowl

One thing that makes me laugh is the bitterness we feel when the other (sheff) team does well, i dont care if utd beat us home,and away next season as long as wednesday are still in that league at the end of the season,

You dont care if United beat you home and away next season , Dont make me :hihi: :hihi:

The excuses are starting already i see :D

The thing that i find really sad in all this is how WENDY always steal ideas off the smarter Blades who start things like calling you PIGS, we started calling the Blades the red and white wizards ohhh and looking at a few posts on here i see wendy are now " the blue and white wizards :hihi:

As seen in an earlier post smug also comes to mind when describing wendy as well as unoriginal and boring :gag:

You lot also wanna keep going on about Wolves beating us 4-0 when it was actually 3-0 ..Wolves were amazing on the day and quite a different proposition to Hartlepool , If it was you against Wolves that day i am guessing they would have been in double figures ...:hihi:

Regards Canada Blade

Originally posted by canadablade

You dont care if United beat you home and away next season , Dont make me :hihi: :hihi:

The excuses are starting already i see :D

The thing that i find really sad in all this is how WENDY always steal ideas off the smarter Blades who start things like calling you PIGS, we started calling the Blades the red and white wizards ohhh and looking at a few posts on here i see wendy are now " the blue and white wizards :hihi:

As seen in an earlier post smug also comes to mind when describing wendy as well as unoriginal and boring :gag:

You lot also wanna keep going on about Wolves beating us 4-0 when it was actually 3-0 ..Wolves were amazing on the day and quite a different proposition to Hartlepool , If it was you against Wolves that day i am guessing they would have been in double figures ...:hihi:

Regards Canada Blade

What an utter load of tripe!! :gag: :gag: Can you please give us some evidence that the Blunts started calling their team 'Wizards' before Wednesday???? As far back as I can remember - it was Wednesday who called them Wizards first - as in the 80's we were 'Magic Wednesday' and I can show you the programmes to prove it!

Wolves hammered you full stop! - stop whinging what it would have been if it was the Owls . . IT WAS THE BLUNTS! and frankly - we don't care either way.:|

Im suprised nobody has said it, but the rivalry has a more historical route, between steelworkers and tradesmen.

Sheffield United were founded as a team of steelworkers, whereas sheffield wednesday were shopworkers, shopowners etc (Might be wrong here but the Wednesday part might be a reference to having wednesday off to play football as people ceased trading that day - might be wrong)

Lots of other rivalries, such as celtic and rangers and Man U and Man City are deeply routed between Catholics and Protestants.

But the bigges factor in the rivalry between wendesday and united, is the sheffield wednesday fans have always took exception to the foul stench of pigsmuck that has omitted from Bramall Lane.

We are Wednesday, We are Wednesday, Sturrock is our King.

Originally posted by Lestat

What an utter load of tripe!! :gag: :gag: Can you please give us some evidence that the Blunts started calling their team 'Wizards' before Wednesday???? As far back as I can remember - it was Wednesday who called them Wizards first - as in the 80's we were 'Magic Wednesday' and I can show you the programmes to prove it!

Wolves hammered you full stop! - stop whinging what it would have been if it was the Owls . . IT WAS THE BLUNTS! and frankly - we don't care either way.:|

Someone will have a stroke soon if you don't calm down, you don't care do you? Well looking at that you have jumped straight into defending your precious Division 3 (in old money) lets finish 5th but still go up playoff *cough* champions.

Originally posted by Lestat

Where do you get 'WIZARDS" from magic wendy ?

Where do you see me "WHINGING" about Wolves hammering us, cant you read ? On the day we were hammered as i stated..If it was you lot grunting out there it would have been double figures FACT And you do care :clap: :clap: Also we all know Theres no difference between Wolves and Hartlepool is there and You dont even know the final score in that Wolves match because in several posts you said 4-0 :loopy:

And let me guess you are like madowl and dont care if we beat you home and away next season

:hihi: One thing is for sure Blades and PIGS will always agree to disagree and thats the way it should be ...

Congrats on beating 10 man Hartlepool , now go get your rattle, bob hat and rossette and wait for the open topped bus to come by

:hihi:

Regards Canada Blade

Originally posted by carterb

But the bigges factor in the rivalry between wendesday and united, is the sheffield wednesday fans have always took exception to the foul stench of pigsmuck that has omitted from Bramall Lane.

We are Wednesday, We are Wednesday, Sturrock is our King.

love it!!:hihi:

Originally posted by canadablade

Where do you see me "WHINGING" about Wolves hammering us ? On the day we were hammered as i stated. lFACT :clap: :clap: Also we all know Theres no difference between Wolves and Hartlepool You dont even know the final score in that Wolves match because in several posts you said 4-0 :loopy:

And let me guess you are like madowl and dont care if we beat you home and away next season

:hihi: One thing is for sure PIGS will always agree to disagree and thats the way it should be ...

Regards Canada Blade

the 4th was for the wednesday, and i think the BLUNTS get pi**ed with us simply because we are on the up, we will never see eye to eye and none of us care.

as you say you can take the blunt from sheffield but not the sheffield from the blunt,:wave: bye.

Originally posted by madowl

the 4th was for the wednesday, and i think the BLUNTS get pi**ed with us simply because we are on the up, we will never see eye to eye and none of us care.

as you say you can take the blunt from sheffield but not the sheffield from the blunt,:wave: bye.

On the up!!!!!!!!

Let's get this in perspective.

That lot from Sheff 6 went belly up and nosedived to the old Div 3, difficult thing to do but they managed it all the same.

Eventually crawled into the play offs and beat 10 man Hartlepool with a penalty in extra time. Fact.

If this is being on the bl**dy up then next season should be very amusing, for United that is.

Who wants to start a book on their excuses for being relegated?

Again!!!!!!

Originally posted by PhilipB

On the up!!!!!!!!

Let's get this in perspective.

That lot from Sheff 6 went belly up and nosedived to the old Div 3, difficult thing to do but they managed it all the same.

Eventually crawled into the play offs and beat 10 man Hartlepool with a penalty in extra time. Fact.

If this is being on the bl**dy up then next season should be very amusing, for United that is.

Who wants to start a book on their excuses for being relegated?

Again!!!!!!

and there was me thinking we got the penalty in the 81st minute

we won the play off final fair and square any bitter blades who cant accept that i suggest a trip to the doctor for some happy pills:)

Archived