What is Treble Bob like?

funkyukgal

OH took me there for tea the other week (a Saturday), I ordered a salad but they'd run out of lettuce :(

We ended up just having a drink. It seems a good place for families though.

• 1 year later...

I have been there this evening. I was about to start a thread but then saw this one.

It is horrendous. Beatifully refurbished but the food was diabolical.

We ordered, starters arrived. Garlic bread (half baquetter with chunks of garlic covered in cheap sunflower oil)

Main courses arrived - 1 x sirloin steak, 2 x fish and chips. We were not brought any sauces/condiments. I sat and blatantly did not eat my food due to it being poorly cooked and smelling like it had all be deepfried. Sirloin steak looked more like a play piece of rubber out of an early learning kitchen set, the chips were doused in oil and hard, and there was a smell of charcoal on all food - and no none of us had BBQ.

No one came to ask if everything was ok with my meal. After having sat there for a while, with 3 full plates of uneaten food, I asked to settle my bill. I was brought my bill for £27.00 - the full plates of food were totally ignored and payment was taken.

Needless to say I will not be returning. I even took a photo of the amount of food left to show how much I was ignored - it was almost as if the waiters were too embarassed to ask me. I will be writing formal letter of complaint to the Orchid Group who I believe are the pub's owners.

A total shame and embarassment. We were supposed to be having a treat out. It's a long time since we've been out for tea.

I wish I had gone to Morrisons for a pizza and salad.

I live opposite the pub and have lived near it for the last 5 years, when it opened it was good and then the foot went down the pan, then they were refubished and i have been a couple of times and it has been ok for us, had a bar meal also had the cavery. Although the food was nice the portions of chips were minimal and we have also paid £3 for chips and got about 10! The problem also with the cavery is that you have to wait your turn you cant just go up!

If you are looking to eat in the area i would suggest Dusty Miller or the Rose and Crown in Barlborough village, they are billiant, also De Rhodes does a cavery at £3.50 on weekdays!

we called as de rhodes was not accepting debit cards,as per:rolleyes:

so decided we would try treble bobs

great staff,lots of people still turning up for the kiddies play area,which has now closed,

we ordered our meal and drinks we had wanted the carvery but was told this didnt start for another half hour so we ordered starters and main course from the menu.

we had drank our drinks and waited over half an hour before our starter arrived,

another couple had arrived after us and ordered and started there carvery before we had even got our main course!

we wasnt impressed,

overall a great place for a meal if its a special occasion we wouldnt call again for a meal

Liose, wouldn't it have been a good idea to mention to the staff how bad you thought it was?

Maybe then you wouldn't have had to pay for the meal, wouldn't have had to take photos, wouldn't have had to write a letter of complaint?

I think I was too bemused to be honest at their total ignorance. I am sure they were to embarassed to even ask me. To ignore 3 full plates blatantly full of uneaten (can't call it food) whatever it was...was totally unbelievable. But yes, I should have mentioned it. I just figure that never returning and discussing my experience will be making a stronger point. The fact was, we had gone out for a rare celebatory meal and it was totally spoilt by the service and food. I didn't want to put a dampner on our celebrations so just left it.

Formal complaint now submitted. Will let you know the outcome!

Archived