Pets to be charged or Racism?

Surely I can't be the only one thinking this, but...

I accept that all are entitled to their beliefs and view, and it's important that a broad spectrum of opinions are represented in politics.

However, isn't it just a little sad that the thing which compelled you to leave the BNP is something as trivial as a silly news story on their website? I know it's a reflection of stupidity in the party and can see your frustration at it. But surely there have been hundreds of much better reasons to leave the BNP, and these have been there for ages?

I'm suprised that this story is enough for you to pull out, but the other things the BNP and their representatives have done / are doing isn't enough?

I don't want to get into a debate and regurgitate all kinds of stories, some corroborated some not, and turn this into a shouting match. It just suprises me that you seem like an intelligent articulate fella with an interest in politics yet seem able to stomach some of the bad stuff that the BNP do? I'm all for local issues, fairness, respect, responsibility, etc etc. But not if it comes wrapped up in hatred, intolerance and aggression

But good luck with being an independant - there certainly is a feeling of apathy and dissillusionment among voters and choice is good. Hope you don't get any unpleasant fallout from your email.

Originally posted by Speedy_Jim

Fairy nuff - I've not kept pace with all the political intrigue :)

NP.......I have had my fill over the past 3 years with the BNP.....I think that in all honesty, The story has been the last straw.

I was going to leave anyway as communication and acknowledgment from the BNP has been somewhat Zero.

The only thing that they cared about was fielding candidates to make them look better than what they actually are.

They did not care about helping with leafleting or even supplying the litrature without charging the candidate for it.

In effect all BNP candidates are expected to fork out of their own pockets for the elections......

In return...the candidates get no feed back or backup from the party.

To prove my point. In the last elections, they were only worried about the MP's positions available, Not where the candidates stood or their results.

This can be checked on the BNP website under election results 2004.

You will notice that even today, they are still awaiting the results of the candidates but the results for the candidate that was running for MP was published immediatley after the election.

I see that UKIP is going the same way with lack of communication and such.

Does that mean the only reason you have decided to stand as an independent is because of the lack of communication and support from the BNP, or have you turned your back on their racist policies? If you have success at the next election, hopefully you will be putting forward less racist and more tolerant and compassionate policies than the BNP! :thumbsup:

Originally posted by Patchy

Does that mean the only reason you have decided to stand as an independent is because of the lack of communication and support from the BNP, or have you turned your back on their racist policies? If you have success at the next election, hopefully you will be putting forward less racist and more tolerant and compassionate policies than the BNP! :thumbsup:

I have turned my back totally on the BNP......and yes!...There are somr very racist people there.....But there are also good people that do not want to be involved with the racist issues....They are there like I was, Trying to make some changes, Not only to the BNP but for the community.

I do feel sorry for those people that work hard for the party that are just trying to get a voice.....I am sure that they will see the light at the end of it all, When they need backing.

I am personally a very tolerant person and I may have belonged to a party that has racist issues, but I have always given my own views......not that of the party as I am sure you have seen with all the posts I have written.

I have been informed that I may regret my decision....How this is to be interpereted?... I will find out in the future.

If I do run as independent...it will be for my community.......Not for any party that could try and pull my strings!

Well done DerekH, I take my hat off to you mate. It's about time people saw the light and left behind what is now a medieval party living in the dark ages.

It's 2004! I cant believe those jokers are still trying to spread hatred and fear into people - even when the whole world is laughing at them!! I think the article on their website about the horse not only shows how stupid they are but also the mentality of their supporters.

You've taken a great step forward Derek, well done. :clap:

Originally posted by Lestat

Well done DerekH, I take my hat off to you mate. It's about time people saw the light and left behind what is now a medieval party living in the dark ages.

It's 2004! I cant believe those jokers are still trying to spread hatred and fear into people - even when the whole world is laughing at them!! I think the article on their website about the horse not only shows how stupid they are but also the mentality of their supporters.

You've taken a great step forward Derek, well done. :clap:

Thanks for the support.

I can now at least sleep at night with the knowledge that I have made the right and only decision.

All I can say is!......There's always a new tomorrow.

Originally posted by DerekH

I have turned my back totally on the BNP......and yes!...There are somr very racist people there.....But there are also good people that do not want to be involved with the racist issues....They are there like I was, Trying to make some changes, Not only to the BNP but for the community.

I do feel sorry for those people that work hard for the party that are just trying to get a voice.....I am sure that they will see the light at the end of it all, When they need backing.

I am personally a very tolerant person and I may have belonged to a party that has racist issues, but I have always given my own views......not that of the party as I am sure you have seen with all the posts I have written.

I have been informed that I may regret my decision....How this is to be interpereted?... I will find out in the future.

If I do run as independent...it will be for my community.......Not for any party that could try and pull my strings!

Good luck if you do decide to run as an independent! Have you had feedback from the BNP yet?

Originally posted by DerekH

Thanks for the support.

I can now at least sleep at night with the knowledge that I have made the right and only decision.

All I can say is!......There's always a new tomorrow.

It seems like you're turning this into some kind of ego trip Derek.

Beats me why everyone is offering congratulations simply because you've resigned from a clearly deranged organisation of thugs and nutters. It's not exactly a Nobel prize winning act of humanitarianism.

For all we know you probably still hold all the same political views you did before you resigned. What's the difference?

Archived