Did you skate in the 80's (Queens rd rink)?

i used to go every thursday and sunday 86-87ish with my best mate....i even met my first husband there lol....his mum used to work there,joan hartley and also his stepdad i think,ray taylor....brings back loads of memories:D happy days!

I used to go late 70s early eighties, we used to wear legwarmers as knee protectors and hire those hard blue plastic boots. The discos were great.

It was always a bit scary when I speed skater grabbed you from behind and took you round the ring a couple of times (ooer missus!)

If its the same place which I think it is we used to go there in the sixties about the time it opened .I seem to remember when it opened seeing James Bonds car there Astin Martin can,t think of the movie but it had all the gadgets there (all not working ).We went there after the army cadets in uniform from Edmund Rd drill hall what great days.

i useto go every night but tuesday...started in late 70's and went on to early 80's...i knew eccky very well,stuart and his dad colin!,les'the skate sharpener',liz o shay,lorna and clare brindley,bev saddington,Big Julie,bob walker,steve shaw,bernard,BaBs,Nigel Brewster,gloria 'The DJ',Jacko,.....anyone know wher some of them are now?..........great times

remember some of them names but the DJ was Glenda What about some of these names, Vic, Dave Cully, Dj's Mick, Neil, and Craig Steve Scott, Skate hire Staff - Sue, Mick, Tony, Mark, Tracy, Debbie, Tracy [big hair], Liz. Angela and others and the manager Mr Sedgley of course. Remember the Ice Hockey Team From Sheffield Lancers to Sheffield Knights and finally Sheffield Sabres went to many of them matches home & away. The Good old Days met other half there too and we are still together now 24 years later.