Did you skate in the 80's (Queens rd rink)?

Started this post a few weeks ago, then went on hols. It's good to read some of the posts.

Landi, i must know you!? you seem to have listed all the people from my era.

I spent 25+ years there, session skater 1st, then dj, then hockey player (knights, lancers, sabres), then hockey coach. Only stopped about 4 years ago when i took on the pub around the corner.

30 years spent within the same little area! What an eventful life i must have had!?!

• 1 year later...

Hi Everyone

Remember All These Names See If I Can Add A Few More, Russ Ledwood,rob Crookes,tim,big Julie The Welder And Ecky All These Where Stewards Plus Janet And Andrea The Two Leggy Blondes. Steve The Ginger Haired Guy,me And Ecky Had A Great Night Out With Dave Cully In Nottingham Once Upon A Time

I actually posted this message on a similar ice-skating thread on this forum a while ago:

Used to hang round from 1980 'till 1982, then from 84 'till around mid 1986. Used to have me own skates & a floppy fringe... big tall skinny youth. Remember Charlie, although never realy talked to him. There was a skinhead kid (Steve, I think, not soo sure - he once saved me from a beating in Pond St bus station). There were two Richards, one of them I nicked his girlfriend off him; a Dave; a youth with a crap 'tash and curly blonde hair... the rest, including the girls is but a hazy memory...

Also remember the bar - two pints once, a good skate & I was very ill - booze & speedskating bad idea...

Music for speedskating - "Woolly Bully" - Sam the Sham; "Lets Dance" - Chris Montez; I think I was about the only one that could skate backwards anti-clockwise at speed, so often I was the only one on the ice...

I have about half a dozen photos of reasonable quality taken around 1984/5 time, with some of the afternoon crowd on them. Would anyone be interested, if I scanned them & put them online somewhere ?

Hi Everyone

Remember All These Names See If I Can Add A Few More, Russ Ledwood,rob Crookes,tim,big Julie The Welder And Ecky All These Where Stewards Plus Janet And Andrea The Two Leggy Blondes. Steve The Ginger Haired Guy,me And Ecky Had A Great Night Out With Dave Cully In Nottingham Once Upon A Time

did he work at tinsley bridge springs?