Best resort in the Mediterranean?

- don't think the Spanish mean to be abrupt but that's how they come across.

They hardly say please or thank you, and tend to be a lot more direct in their dealings than us, but if you're there long enough to get used to this, they are generally friendly and helpful people, and they do like a good party. :cool:

Hate the God Dam place.... It`s tacky...

Except for the old town...

Read the OP. Bustling with British tourists, no mention of whether its tacky or not. Its no worse than a lot of places in Spain, and as you said, the Old Town is lovely. 2 great beaches as well

Prefer Ibiza myself but....

Jim

Read the OP. Bustling with British tourists, no mention of whether its tacky or not. Its no worse than a lot of places in Spain, and as you said, the Old Town is lovely. 2 great beaches as well

Prefer Ibiza myself but....

Jim

To be honest I prefer Greece anyday to Spain.... Especially Lindos in Rhodes... It`s beautiful.... Also Sardinia`s good too...

• 1 year later...
They hardly say please or thank you, and tend to be a lot more direct in their dealings than us, but if you're there long enough to get used to this, they are generally friendly and helpful people, and they do like a good party. :cool:

Its a cultural difference.

My husband is from Spain and I used to mention this point a lot to him when I first started going over regularly. It took me a while to get used to it. He told me they think casually saying thank you as often as we do is both uneccesary and not really genuine. Not saying I either agree or disagree, just pointing out what he explained to me.

Salobrena Andalucia, or southern spain. 1 hr away from beer bellied Malaga, but still on the coast with lots of beautifull beaches, lots of english ppl, apartments by the sea. oh and theirs fantastic castle by the beach - lots of culture and tradition as opposed to club med 18 types.

I am doing a bit of research on the best resort to visit in the Mediteranian. Which do you think is the most popular?

I like to visit spain but am not sure where to go. I like to visit a place that is absolutly bustling with tourists (especially Brits, and preferebly year long) and where it may be possible to an apartment.

Thanks

We are all going to have hugely different opininions on this, I am answering based upon what you have said is important to you.

By what you have said, as a couple of others have already posted - Benidorm fits what you are looking for. The Levante beach is fantastic and super clean and has won many awards. Its definitely bustling, has Brits all throughout the year and if you really want the hustle and bustle, the Benidorm Fiestas in November are huge!

There are some rather 'tacky' areas, bars and shops, as others have pointed out but some people may be surprised to learn that in Benidorm there are also some nice classy bars and some classy restaurants though you have to know where to look for these.

Torrevieja is nice - its about an hour and a half away from Benidorm and in the height of summer is packed with tourists from all over, sweeden, britain, spain etc. However, out of season there is a large proportion of british ex-pats that live there. You can get cheap flights to either Alicante or Murcia (murcia is slightly closer but a smaller airport) and they have lots of british shops there too. My husband and I are planning to move there as soon as we can afford to move there.

They have two beautiful salt lakes as well as lovely beaches there and there are lots of different urbanization's which all have local shops, restaurants, bars etc. My fave of these is La Siesta - maybe I'm biased as my family live there but it is a nice, safe area and only 5 mins or so from the main centre of Torrevieja.

Archived