Smokers at the Leadmill

• 2 weeks later...

Ok listen up, you can obtain a pass out (from the person with a clipboard/or the doorstaff) which will allow you to leave for a fagbreak and then re-enter. however be warned they don't tend to let people out when its busy outside/there's a queue. so say for example a saturday you may have to wait till 12.20am or 1am to be allowed out. and if its very busy don't be surprised if you're told you can't go out more than twice.

and generally you're not allowed to smoke outside the front of the building so most people go to the other side of the road.

hope that clears it up

It clears it up in the sense that it means I won't be going to the Leadmill again. What a farce!

Is there no smoking area because:

a) There's HONESTLY nowhere to put one

b) They don't think it matters to 99.9% of punters OR....

c) They can't afford the building work/couldn't be bothered

I mean come on - it's not as if you didn't know the smoking ban was coming in!! Other places have come up with ingenious ways of making somewhere 'indoors' outdoors (if you know what I mean).

To be honest, there really isn't anywhere to put a permanent smoking area. As Andy C said, it is surrounded by two roads, with no private outside area.

I know they are trying to find a better solution, but there are very few options!

Ok listen up, you can obtain a pass out (from the person with a clipboard/or the doorstaff) which will allow you to leave for a fagbreak and then re-enter. however be warned they don't tend to let people out when its busy outside/there's a queue. so say for example a saturday you may have to wait till 12.20am or 1am to be allowed out. and if its very busy don't be surprised if you're told you can't go out more than twice.

and generally you're not allowed to smoke outside the front of the building so most people go to the other side of the road.

That sounds more like prison or school, than a night out:hihi:

Strikes Leadmill off nights out list.

Archived