Blades chat - discuss the games/news here

tosh13

Just spoke to a mate of mine who's a stockport fan (poor sod!) he's basically laughin his socks off at the deal for Beckett... reckons after the last injury he's come back a shade of his former self, lacking in pace and has certainly left his shooting boots somewhere....

nice...er....buy Neil.... (or should that be BYE NEIL???)

Originally posted by redinsheff

Just spoke to a mate of mine who's a stockport fan (poor sod!) he's basically laughin his socks off at the deal for Beckett... reckons after the last injury he's come back a shade of his former self, lacking in pace and has certainly left his shooting boots somewhere....

nice...er....buy Neil.... (or should that be BYE NEIL???)

hmmmm lets see

7 goals in 15 games for a player who is playing for a ppor team fighting against relegation??

think thats awful spending do you?

even if he is a flop, we will get our 50k back for him no problem.

as said before

EXCELLENT SIGNING

It's just been on Sky sports news. Neill Warnock has confirmed a £500,000 bid has been made for Mellor. I did'nt hear what the rest said thanks to an over exiteable daughter!.

I don't think it will happen now that Milan Baros is injured:(

From the Liverpool website:

'Contrary to reports emanating from Bramall Lane, we can confirm that Liverpool Football Club has received no official bid from Sheffield United for striker Neil Mellor.

Anfield officials are mystified by quotes attributed to Blades boss Neil Warnock, stating that he'd made a bid of £500,000 for the services of Mellor.

Warnock told United's official website http://www.sufc.premiumtv.co.uk: "We have tabled a bid of around £500,000 as we need a striker of his calibre. He has good movement, an eye for a goal, and is very athletic. He's from Sheffield, and we think he would do an excellent job for the Blades.

"Other clubs are interested, and it remains to be seen whether Liverpool would be prepared to sell Neil to anyone at this time, or whether they would prefer to wait until the January transfer window. We'll have to wait and see."'

Someone's telling porkies....

Why would our directors give the go-ahead for a NINTH!! striker, especially if we are signing him 6 weeks after buying Beckett???

Bit of a coincidence this happens straight after the team get booed off AGAIN at home, and questions asked of Warnock and the board, don't you think??

I know Paddy Kenny only played one half of the Ireland game but do you think internationals affect the players?

We have Derby on sat who are looking good at the minute, and Kenny plus Quinn have been away training.

Now the Mellor bid is public someone will step in before us to get him, if Liverpool will allow him to go now Baros is injured.

Archived