Blades chat - discuss the games/news here

tosh13

some good news for 2mora night: idiakez and rasiak may both be out due to injuries, opefully they bth fail fitness tests. warnock has a really hard choice now between webber and kabba to partner andy gray, webber maybe a more proven goalscorer but the season kabba had before he was injured he was immense and his comeback has shown signs that he can do it agen!

Originally posted by scottf

i agree with your points rusty apart from the forte one- he still needs to bulk up a little and work on the defensive side of his game - at the moment he is an out and out attacker- he needs to learn to work back more.

altho he should have been untilised more this season!!!

Well you only learn from experience and he isn't getting much first team championship football to learn from it.

What about the Morgan/ Evans incident at Forest? Evans may have been hungry but he could have waited :hihi:

Originally posted by rustysufc

some good news for 2mora night: idiakez and rasiak may both be out due to injuries, opefully they bth fail fitness tests. warnock has a really hard choice now between webber and kabba to partner andy gray, webber maybe a more proven goalscorer but the season kabba had before he was injured he was immense and his comeback has shown signs that he can do it agen!

Justspoketo my mate in derby- both came through training yesterdayand both are expected to start tonight :(

Still- we need to score 3 tonight cos one of them 2 will score and pesky will definatly score!!

I think he should go for-

Kenny

Harley, Morgs, Bromby, Geary

Liddle, Monty, Quinn, Tongue

Webber, Kabba

Tonight altho i know gray will play instead of kabba!!

Rasiak will have a late fitness test,Idiakez still remains doubtful,but Burley will wait until the last possible minute to see if he is fit to play.Geary in for Kozluk & Liddel should take over from Francis.Warnock said he would have Pescy back if he wants to come back??.Well this is the big 1 as far as our season is concerned,to miss out with 3 clear goals last season & a win is heartbreaking as we have been up near the top for the last 3 seasons.Anyway Positive again, no prediction though.UP THE BLADES

Agree with you tosh, this could be THE most important fixture, the one that decides whether we're good enough to make the play-offs, or whether we'll slide down to where I predicted at the start of the season, around 10th-12th.

Derby are in fine form and have my player of the season, Rasiak. He's quality and if he plays then we'd better be ready for him! Also, we won at Derby and, well, let's say I have a nervous feeling about this fixture. BUT, it is televised and as has been said before, we seem to do well when we're on tele.

Kozluk is out so that's a good start. But although Geary is likely to fill-in for him, I'd like to see Francis given more chance. And, although the midweek result was a let-down, we have got Webber and Kabba fit and raring to go, so, you never know.

My prediction? 8 cans of Stella and a Ruby Murray, probably.

what do you mean this COULD be the game of the season?? its IS the game of the season, especially after dropping points agains forest!!! we have 4 games left- we NEED 3 wins and a draw at least, but tonight is a 6 pointer for sure!!!!

Is any one else worried about morgan against rasiak?? :hihi:

I would like to see Kabba and Webber both start tonight, but I suspect it will be Gray and Webber. I hope we create as many chances as we did against Forest... I don't think Derby's keeper is as good as Gerrard.

Got my match tickets + coach tickets for Watford this morning! :thumbsup:

Archived