Blades chat - discuss the games/news here

tosh13

I think if we manage to get a couple of good defenders and a couple of good midfielders we should do really well next season, now we have two very fast good strikers. Most of this season we have only had Andy Gray up front, sometimes with Ward or Cadamarteri neither of whom seem able to score many goals. I guess we might see a bit more of Forte next season too.

Yes I think Warnock needs to cut the deadwood at the end of the season & get rid of the players who are not good enough,Ward,Cadamateri & any of the others who sit on the bench all season.If we do manage to get the players we need I can seriously think we will do well next season,but where are the good players going to come from.UP THE BLADES

Come on. Sunderland have done us a favour and we've got to make it count now. We need a good win today and hope that Reading slip up. Even a draw today is not the end of the world depending on what happens elsewhere... see http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/predictor/default.stm

Got my tickets right next to me for Wolves. Despite the fact I'm skint and can't really afford it, I would love for us to get in the playoffs- just to silence the boo boys who appear to have sprung up around BDTBL.

Everybody put your lucky pants on and cheer on the Blades :)

(Norton.... taking on chief cheer leading duties today)

Well if we beat Wolves 7-0 & West Ham & Reading get a 0-0 then we can still do it,my A**e I listened on the radio & what a shambles,Warnock has lost the plot playing Morgan as a striker & did he touch the ball if he did I did not hear the commentry say he did.Well a long hard look twice in the last 2 seasons we have failed at the final push,Reading lose & West Ham what more do the players need to motovate themselves.Spineless,We need a centre half & a midfielder who can pass the ball.I am sorry but if Jags is worth £3m I say take it & Paddy was at it again lamping the ball to the Millwall keeper.Anyway will see what happens in the next few months,but unless Warnock gets a decent coach into help him with the tactics I think it's time for him to go.And say a big thankyou for stabalising the club.UP THE DISSAPOINTED Blades.

Well I was at the match and I have to disagree with some of the players you picked out for criticism.

Jag's was solid in defence and trying to go forward as much as possible. The defence were also attempting to deal with extra players as Forte and Quinn refused solidly to defend throughout the match, lingering at the half way line. Forte hasn't yet got the strength and awareness to warrant a starting position and the sooner he gets a loan spell with a lower league club, the better. He will only better himself as a player and then hopefully, come back and challenge for a place in the team.

Paddy's kicking was improved greatly from past perfomances and long ball seemed the only option at some points as the midfield just were not creating opportunities or holding possession. The control was so poor that keeping the ball on the ground only lead to a Millwall interception.

When Morgan was brought on upfront, he was the only person winning any balls in the air and Warnock obviously felt that we needed a stronger presence upfront as Kabba, Webber and Gray were ineffective at best. Strange decision maybe but there was a method behind it.

The boos at full time were disappointing, and people wonder why the players aren't motivated? They could very easily believe that the boos are for them.

Well if the players cannot get motivated for a chance to go in the playoffs & the reward of playing in the premiership well there's no point we might as well stay a top 8 side.Keith Edwards commented on Paddy kicking the ball to the opposing keeper & he said it has happened too many times this season.As for Morgan playing up front desperation was setting in for Warnock,we had a good goalscorer on the bench Johnston & he was left warming the bench.If I was him I would say bye bye.Free kicks & corners & throwins have been wasted every time,a corner goes to the goaly or defender & the same for all the other set pieces.What do they do in training???.I hope we get sorted for next season as I can see us fighting a relegation battle as we have struggled against mediocre teams all through the season.UP THE BLADES

I can see why the board have been reluctant to take the risk of gambling a lot of money in the hope of getting promotion, but surely now we have almost got in the play-offs for the last few seasons they should take a bit more of a gamble and allow Warnock more money to spend on buying a few more quality players and pay the kind of wages that will bring good players to the Lane.

I think the only way we will progress further is if the board allow Warnock to buy some real quality players (not strikers though!). We need to aim for a top 2 place next year, but it won't happen without at least a couple of big buys.

the board do not want us to go up. They are quite happy breaking even on the football side and concentrating on the non-football ventures. Warnock is perfect for them. He always praises the board. Never publicly demands money and is content to lie to the press about big signings. If the fans complain then they point to the club being in a stable condition. If they went up they would have to spend money on players and increase the wages. Along with ground improvements etc. We all know we'd be coming straight down again.. It would unsettle the club and put their easy positions on the board at risk. The projected income of Sheffield United PLC for all non footballing ventures is very promising in 5-10 years. If we can stay in the top half of the league they will be pleased.

As for Warnock:

1: He spent weeks all over the press talking about signing David Johnson and how important he was and we had to wait to sign him. wait till the end of the January transfer window so instead of being criticised for not signing his promised 500k Premier striker he could talk up Johnson. Now for a player he talked up so much he is very reluctant to play him. Even when we are desperate for goals :suspect:

2: He goes on radio talking about needing leaders and experience. So is that why he finally started the game with Forte and two very similar strikers who obviosuly cannot play together. When a highly experienced striker was on the bench? And our top scorer in central midfield?

3: Our problem is creating chances. Our best midfielder (along with Quinn) is Jags. Why did not Jags start in midfield with morgan at the back? Or Liddle play?

4; same old same old after the game. We need leaders? Well as Warnock has been manager for the last few years and not bothered to purchase any maybe he may realise there is only one person to blame.

Archived