Blades chat - discuss the games/news here

tosh13

He doesn't have to come here as a manager, he can slot in again at number 2. As I have said before I can see McCall being a good manager but not with us if he starts out here, Adams yes with McCall and Blackwell as the men behind him would be a good combo'.

Blackwell has done a real good job at Leeds given the debt problems & the sale of there best players,as for him coming back to the Lane as a number 2 he would not do that seeing as he has been at the helm of what used to be one of the biggest clubs in the country.I would have Adams any day he has done a great job at Coventry they were going down when he arrived & he saved them from certain relegation.There's talk in the Mirror that the board are fed up with not challenging for promotion & have Adams & Megson on there minds so we will wait & see.UP THE BLADES

Tosh, mate- did you see what you just wrote? MEGSON???

There would be an open revolt if that piggie ever got in charge at the lane, he is more hated than virtually every manager by bladesmen!!! :D :D

I don't know - i still think warnock can do it, mcall needs to influence the team more next season i think- he is more tactically minded than warnock and could be just what we need!!!

Who says warnock is hated?? i agree that sometimes he is a bit daft and has definatly cost us games because of his stubborness but i wouldn't take it that far!!!!

He is still one of the best managers we have had for a while!!!!!!!!

Spurs defender Rohan Ricketts who was on loan with Wolves for the lasr part of the season is strongly linked with a move to us. I would have thought with Wolves good run towards the end of the season he would have stayed with them as Hoddle looks likely to stay there and he was involved in the run they had (18 unbeaten).

we need to clear out players who clutter the squad up:

Cads, Ward, Johnson, Shaw, Geary

I don't think Morgan is good enough. He makes too many errors and is too slow. He makes a lot of last ditch challenges as he's often out of position/beaten for pace.

I think If we get injuries then the youth team players should be utilised ahead of dead wood.

Francis should be given a go in right mid and given a good run.

Play Tongue and Quinn in the Middle. Give Forte a run on the left.

If he doesn't feel that Forte is ready then play4-3-1-2 with Shaw in the whole.

Originally posted by robbie

we need to clear out players who clutter the squad up:

Cads, Ward, Johnson, Shaw, Geary

I think Geary has played well in most of the games he has been played. Not sure about Shaw though, he may be good played behind the front two.

But if the players who you think should go do, how does Shaw figure in the 4-3-1-2?

It is confirmed that Ward and Johnson are going with keeper Danny Haystead also on the transfer list. We should go for Unsworth and Ricketts for the defence, Hutchinson (fitness pending) for midfield and Marcus Stewart upfront, use the academy players better this time round and we should be ok.

It is said that some senior players who couldn't break into the first team may move for first team football, could this include Wright and Kozluk? Plus what's happening with David Johnson? I bet he is quite annoyed at not getting much time on the field.

Archived