Blades chat - discuss the games/news here

tosh13

Originally posted by scottf

Tosh, mate- did you see what you just wrote? MEGSON???

There would be an open revolt if that piggie ever got in charge at the lane, he is more hated than virtually every manager by bladesmen!!! :D :D

I don't know - i still think warnock can do it, mcall needs to influence the team more next season i think- he is more tactically minded than warnock and could be just what we need!!!

I'm only telling you what it said in today's Daily Mirror mate I don't write the stuff LOL

Utd players handed free transfers ,Ward,T Johnson,Danny Haystead,Chris Armstrong given a short term contract to show if he has got over a bad knee injury.Shaw still part of Warnock's plan's.Mcsheffrey & Ricket & Craig Short are targets for Warnock.UP THE BLADES

Originally posted by scottf

Who says warnock is hated?? i agree that sometimes he is a bit daft and has definatly cost us games because of his stubborness but i wouldn't take it that far!!!!

I'm just commenting on some of the thoughts not so quietly expressed around me at BDTBL and on some of the other Blades forums around.

I personally think Warnock can still do a job for us, and it certainly better than some of the other managers we've had at the Lane. Adrian Heath anyone?

Reports in this morning's newspapers have Gary Megson down as a surprise potential replacement for Neil Warnock

The Mirror claims that the Sheffield United board are set to meet this week to discuss Warnock's future after the Blades failed to make it into the play-offs.

Coventry boss Micky Adams and Megson are the names linked with the post if Warnock is sacked, ironically given that Megson and Warnock are well known not to be the best of friends.

But on the Utd website McCabe say's he is giving Warnock the money to get us in the promotion hunt next season,so paper talk or the real rumour you decide Weir & Stubbs set to leave Everton,Leeds looking at Weir .UP THE BLADES

Bromby named HFS Loans player of the year.

Sheffield United boss keen on £700,000 Lions star

May, 11, 2005

Neil Warnock has made Millwall's Paul Ifill his top target after getting the backing of the Blades board

Warnock's position at Bramall Lane had been reported to be under threat after the failure to make the play-offs but he has been given the green light to launch a promotion assault next season.

25-year-old Ifill, a winger with a good goalscoring record has been at Millwall for the whole of his career but was the subject of a rejected bid earlier in the season from an unnamed Championship club and has been linked with a move to Leeds in recent weeks.

I think we have a mole at the Lane every time Warnock mentions a player Leeds get him,Hulse for 1,It amazes me to think they are up to there neck in debt but can still pay £1.1m for him.We pay what £350.00 for Cullip & let him go on loan when all we have is Morgan.I am worried that Utd are after Ifill at Millwall it say's he is a good goal scorer but he has scored 4 times in the games he has played,ok we need goals from midfield as well,but first we need to sort out the defence then the midfield & with the strikers we have we should have a half decent team I just hope we do not end up with old players who cannot hack it anymore that is the main worry..UP THE BLADES

Leeds are some £68m in debt,Utd are better off than they are look at there figures,what makes me laugh is the old geezer Bates comes in & everything is roses & light.The thing is Leeds want to get back in the premiere league because that is where the money is, not the mickey mouse league we are in.I hope the Utd board get there finger out like they said & back Warnock or it's time for them to resign & have aboard with some guts.

Robinson: Warnock must deliver

Sheffield United vice-chairman Terry Robinson has given his backing to boss Neil Warnock - but made it clear that the board will expect nothing short of promotion next season.

Warnock is under pressure to deliver following chairman Kevin McCabe's recent comments in which he condemned this season's Championship campaign as a "failure".

United finished eighth in the table despite strengthening their squad last term and McCabe expressed his disappointment at how the season eventually panned out.

Robinson echoed his colleague's sentiments - but insisted Warnock was still the right man for the job.

"The manager's record speaks for itself, but our club wants to be among the best, he said.

"Our aim is for promotion. The minimum every year is the play-offs and we did not get that this year. It was a failure because we did not achieve our target, simple as that."

David Johnson looks like going to Hull City??

Have we just signed Rob Hulse? I've been away for a few days so I've missed whats going on. A little confused as to why we've signed another forward....

We definitely need to get rid of some strikers, and get a hard-tackling midfielder in who works like a horse.

Archived