Blades chat - discuss the games/news here

tosh13

No he was sold to Leeds.

Ugarte To Net Blades Deal

Story by Blades-mad 12 May 2005

Wrexham's Spanish striker Juan Ayestarán Ugarte has been linked with a summer move to Sheffield United.

Another striker I do not believe this that would be 10 strikers if it's true,but rumours like this are bound to come out at the end of season.I hope the Iffill one isn't true, I for one do not think he is good enough,we need proven players at the Lane if we are to achieve promotion next seasonlook at the players who Warnock said would be the last piece in the jigsaw,Shaw,Thirwell,Beckett,Cadamatari & neither have played much this season.anyway we live in hope of decent players to start the new season.Utd have turned down £1.5m for Jags Charlton bid for him & Warnock said no chance,Jags like Tonge want to give it 1 more season to get us into the Premiere League but we will see if a offer Utd cannot refuse come's along.UP THE BLADES

Blades agree fee for Millwall defender

Commanding centre-half Darren Ward is to discuss a move to Bramall Lane

The 26-year-old joined Millwall from QPR in October 2001 and has been a key figure in the Lions side ever since, playing a major role in their advance to the FA Cup Final last season.

With incoming chairman Jeff Burnige keen to cut costs, Ward will be allowed to leave and had this morning been linked with Premiership side Norwich City.

The Blades have agreed a fee for the player though and he will be talking to Neil Warnock about signing on at Bramall Lane.

Well Warnock at last is signing a decent defender,this lad is highly rated outside the premiership let's hope he can sign.

The 1st of many quality signings I hope.UP THE BLADES

Koumas is up for sale today, we should make a bid to sign him, quality player.

and blackwell says he may sell some of his youngsters..... so heres thinking,

aaron lennon :)

Clarke Carlisle

or even seth johnson, 3 quality players.

as for the person who saidmy list would not improve us?

are you mad, elliot and mcsheffrey are 2 quality players for a start!!

as for liddell/morgan, both have done nothing this season, geary is ok, but he is a confidence player, and lets face it, he wont be getting none of that with the current squad playing as badly as they are.

attendances are going to dwindle next season, anyone who thinks we will average more than 16,000 is living in a dream world unless things change at the lane!!

i certainly wont be getting a season ticket next season, and 9 out of 10 people i know who have a season ticket wont be renewing either. its sad to see, but you can see the reasons why.

unless the board allow a few "big" money signings in pre-season then i see a bleak season for us next season.

you look at the season gone, i can only think of one time where i actually thought "yeah we are gonna do something" and that was after the 2-0 win over leicester, you could smell something was gonna hapen, but as it turned out, as many years previous it was just the dodgy pies!!

I saw the on teletext that Koumas was for sale,but WB paid £2.5m & would want a big chunk of the transfer fee back if possible & as for Aaron Lennon Spurs are reported to be having a bid set up for him,Seth Johnson was agood player but injuries have ruined him for me,I would like to get the kid from Man Utd Eagles he is a quality player.

Originally posted by tosh13

I saw the on teletext that Koumas was for sale,but WB paid £2.5m & would want a big chunk of the transfer fee back if possible & as for Aaron Lennon Spurs are reported to be having a bid set up for him,Seth Johnson was agood player but injuries have ruined him for me,I would like to get the kid from Man Utd Eagles he is a quality player.

robson does not like koumas though and will be looking for a quick sale!!

lennon..... well spurs have an abundance of midfield players, lennon may be scared off by that.

and johnson i think still has a lot of potential. if he plays another game for leeds they have to pay something like £250,000 so it may seem he may be on the move

as for eagles, i cant see it happening, although he does look a half decent prospect

but as also said by somebody previous, scowcroft, walker dabizas and gillespie are all free agents now.

Craig short may be offered another year at blackburn, so that might stop him coming to the lane!

marlon king is available, not a bad striker really (yes i know we have an abundance)

I think Koumas would be great for us including Gillespie & Dabizaz & I would like us to get Unsworth if he comes availabe & Stone from Portsmouth.I know we would not get Eagles but it's a nice thought just daydreaming .

Glad to hear we have Webber sorted he is worth the money,don't understand why Watford have returned Cullip I thought he was part of the deal or has the new Watford manager seen something about Cullip that Warnock didn't.£500.000 k is nothing really & if the board are serious about promotion nothing short of £3m for the other players we need.UP THE BLADES.

Chairman Kevin McCabe has guaranteed a £2m kitty for next seasons spending, I wonder if this includes the £500,000 for webber? Leeds have offered £700,000 for Daren Ward of Millwall and Everton are alledged to be after Paul Ifill but only if a bid for Wayne Bridge of chelsea fails.

Archived