Blades chat - discuss the games/news here

tosh13

Originally posted by SuPeRbLaDe

did anybody see goals on sunday? apparently michael brown was on it, only caught the last bit but he said that jags had just had a baby girl!!

if anyone saw it can you please fill me in on what was said

cheers

I saw most of it. They showed some of his blistering goals, inparticularly THAT goal against Wendy which he commented on possibly being his favourite goal. The one against Grimsby (away) was also superb. They showed him scoring goals for Manchester City (he looked really young and scored a goal Maradona would have been proud of, dribbling past three or four players and rounding the goalie), Spurs (a corker against Norwich) and ofcause us.

They asked him what he thought of Warnock to which he replied something like 'he's brilliant' and how Martin Jol wanted him to play for Spurs. He commented that his role at Spurs was one of more winning the ball back than getting forward, hence only a handful of goals. He said he was a bit disappointed not to have scored more this season.

Overall, he came across as the good egg that he is. A fine bloke who gave his all to the Blades. You get the impression he keeps in contact with one or two Blades, Jaggers inparticular.

The guy's a credit to the game. Good luck, Brownie!

Sheffield United are going to try and make a double summer signings from Millwall in the form of Darren Ward and Paul Ifill who is also being chased by Everton and Leeds.

Ward, the former Watford and QPR defender is expected to sign for the Blades on a free transfer, he has played 135 (+ 7 as sub) league games whilst scoring 4 times since his move to the New Den in October 2001.

Meanwhile the Blades will try and compete with Everton and Leeds to net the signing of highly rated midfielder Ifill. A bid of around 0.7M is expected to be laid on the table. Should the Blades sign Ifill as well as keeping there current squad then expect United to have one the best Midfield in the Championship.Wigan have put a bid in for Michael Brown.UP THE BLADES

Paper talk today suggests Warnock has gone to Spain to talk to an unamed player, so the 4 possible players we could have will be Ward, Ifil, Short and AN other, we have Webber already so thats a player for each position.

I will be pleased if we get in the three named players, Ward and Short at the back will bolster the defence, then Jags can stay in midfield all season long. He should be able to form a partnership with Ifil and that would be good for the strikers. All we have to wait for is the unamed foreign player should we get him.

Fulham are not renewing Lee Clarkes contract ,I have always liked him ,he gets stuck in a good old fashioned midfielder with guts.As for spain could Warnock be looking at Ronaldhino if he does tell him to get his teeth looked at.

Sheffield United could step up their interest in midfielder Rohan Ricketts following his release from Tottenham.

The 22-year-old former Arsenal trainee has struggled to make an impression at White Hart Lane and has spent the last two months on loan at Wolves.

Tottenham sporting director Frank Arnesen said: "We have decided to let Rohan go after three seasons at the club. He wasn't involved in the first team a lot over the last season.

"It is important at his age to be a regular in the squad and it is much better for him to move on. We wish him well."

Ricketts, who featured in six matches for Coventry while on loan at Highfield Road last autumn, has made seven appearances for Spurs this season.

He impressed Blades boss Neil Warnock during United's 4-2 defeat at Molineux in the last match of the season.Also Adams at Coventry are interested in signing Cullip.UP THE BLADES

Neil Warnock has signed French midfielder Lilian Nalis on a free from Leicester. Warnock sees him in the Stuart McCall mould, at 33 he reckons he is the right age and tempramemnt to hold together the midfield. So Warnocks first signing is a free this means he still has cash in the kitty, but will he make the big money moves or just get in more £50,000 players and free transfers?

Originally posted by duffman

Neil Warnock has signed French midfielder Lilian Nalis on a free from Leicester. Warnock sees him in the Stuart McCall mould, at 33 he reckons he is the right age and tempramemnt to hold together the midfield. So Warnocks first signing is a free this means he still has cash in the kitty, but will he make the big money moves or just get in more £50,000 players and free transfers?

unfortunatly i don't think warnock is capable of spending more than £500,000 in one go!!!!

Warnock has offered £900.000 for Millwall player Iffil I think the french is a decent player,Leicester only got rid because of his wages.UP THE BLADES

As a Leicester season ticket holder, I have seen Nalis play many times and I was disappointed to see him go. While he isn't the best midfielder in this division, and like any other player he'll go in and out of form, he can be a spark in the midfield.

He's not particularly the creative type but he'll work hard (despite the hairband) and has excellent vision and can pick out a man as he is a good passer of the ball. Also urge him to shoot when he's 20 yards out as he has scored no end of long rangers for us, some of you may remember the one against Leeds in the premiership particularly.

Anyway I'll be interested to see how he does for you and I wish him all the best. He has never been any bother to us and it has always been nice to see him in the team. Hopefully I'll get down to Bramall lane to see him next season to see how he is getting on.

I remeber some of Nalis's goals, far and few between but there's some crackers in there! I think in Jags we have the creative go forward player and if Tonge can re find his form then he can be the man to push the midfield forward, I think both tonge and Jags should be able to feed off Nalis if his passing is as good as you say it is Sheffieldfox, not to mention either Kabba or webber upfornt.

I wonder if the unidentified player the club was taling to was Nalis or could it be Juan Agarte of Wrexham? our name crops up with him but no one from the club has said a word on him. Agarte scores 22 times in 29 starts for Wrexham but they went down to League 2 due to a 10 point deduction for falling into administration.

Archived