Blades chat - discuss the games/news here

tosh13

I'd strongly advise against Dabizas. His reputation is very kind to him. He is very rash, always gives away needless free kicks by having his hands all over the defenders and frustrates the fans. He is pretty slow so also makes needless fouls due to this. The defenders you have are better than Nikos I'm afraid.

Utd & Leeds have enquired about Heider Helgusson at Watford, but why do we need another striker, ok he did well in a crap team he scored 20 goals which we need badly but who would be sacrificed for him.Kabba,Gray,Webber.UP THE BLADES

Really, where has this news come from Tosh? it wouldn't suprise me but if we only had 4 strikers in the team then I wouldn't mind Helgusson in the squad. Gray can always be used as an attacking midfielder but then I guess there would be no room for academy players in the squad.

Anyone who sits in the south stand will have some brand new seats next season. The club has got rid of the old wodden ones and are replacing them with new plastic ones. I just hope that they are spaced out better than the kop seats, if you're over 5'10" you have to tuck your knees in and i'm 6'3" :help: I believe the plan was to copy the family stand and have 'BLADES' written on the seating, they are also expanding the executive seating area.

Hi Duffman it was on regional ceefax yesterday,I was suprised to see it myself,because it's not on any Utd website there's no mention.But he his a good player & we need a 20 goal a season striker.Just found this on chipp butty site.

Championship rivals Sheffield United and Leeds United have been in contact with Watford with a view to signing Heidar Helguson, BBC Sport understands.

The Icelandic international, 27, who has one year left on his contract, has recently been offered a new deal by Watford, who value Helguson at £1.5m.

Two other undisclosed Championship clubs are also pondering whether to make a move for the Icelandic striker.

Helguson, who is currently on holiday in Dubai, scored 20 goals last season.

Steve Stone out of contract at Portsmouth & Berger is going to Villa,Stone would be a good player to sign,experienced in the premiere league & fights for every ball,we were missing his type of player last season & Craig Short has not had his contract renewed at Blackburn another experienced defender.UP THE BLADES

Archived