Blades chat - discuss the games/news here

tosh13

Look at West Ham Teddy Sheringham voted best player in the championship & how old is he 39,it is not the age today if a player can stay away from bad injuries that player can make a great contribution to the team not only playing but his experience,look at McCall played until the same age & I think he played a few games after his 40th.Look at most of the players in the premiere league the best are the older players,Keane,Giggs,Ferguson & they have all played big parts in there own team.So if Warnock brings in some 30+ well I say bring em on,we have done nothing with the kids.UP THE BLADES

Originally posted by tosh13

Look at West Ham Teddy Sheringham voted best player in the championship & how old is he 39,it is not the age today if a player can stay away from bad injuries that player can make a great contribution to the team not only playing but his experience,look at McCall played until the same age & I think he played a few games after his 40th.Look at most of the players in the premiere league the best are the older players,Keane,Giggs,Ferguson & they have all played big parts in there own team.So if Warnock brings in some 30+ well I say bring em on,we have done nothing with the kids.UP THE BLADES

the thing with sheri is, he has never had pace, so it has not affected his game at all.

giggs and keane are nothing compared to what they used to be.

but i must agree about mccall, he was a revelation to us.

if nalis can do half what ccall did for us, then i will be a happy person.

When I found out wednesday were in the playoff final, I ran to hug Sturrock. He screamed. Then I realised I was holding kitchen knives. Now his back cries red.

Aside from that, I've heard Warnock is trying to sign every player in the championship, so next season all our rivals will be 5hit. Is this true?

my point being is that in the overall picture its hardly progressive. We signed old players last season and the season before. Its a quick fix not long term planning.

AG: Warnock is linked with every player in the world until we sell enough season tickets then we are getting Allison back :)

Originally posted by robbie

my point being is that in the overall picture its hardly progressive. We signed old players last season and the season before. Its a quick fix not long term planning.

im not sure what old players you are refering to?

thes ages are when they signed

cadamarteri - 25

bromby - 24

quinn - 26

hayles - 32

harley - 25

geary - 24

liddell - 31

barnes - 25

beckett - 28

cullip - 28

Thirlwell - 25

Craig Short has been talking to Warnock about a contract,also Utd are supposed to be interested in Urgarte at Wrexham another striker,his wage at Wrexham are under a £1.000 a week so his wages would not be a stumbling block.UP THE BLADES

iffil was seen at the lane yesterday apparantly- i hope so- he will be a crackin signing!!!!!

We still need another defender tho- cullip isn't good enough and morgs is only going to get worse with age- he's no paul stancliffe!!!!

Helgusson .If Charlton want him they will get him,the chance to play in the top league will be too great an opportunity to pass,also if West Ham the jammy sod's make it there too well he will go there.

Archived