Blades chat - discuss the games/news here

tosh13

The word on the street is that United's second summer signing will be Millwall's Paul Ifill, who is believed to be undergoing a medical at Bramall Lane. Warnock has asked Watford to keep him up to speed as he would like to bring Helgusson in to partner old team mate Webber.Look's like Warnock is busy about time.UP THE BLADES

Sheffield United have handed professional contracts to six young players from the Bramall Lane academy.

A decision will be made later on a seventh, defender Chris Robertson, who has been given until October to prove himself following a season hindered by injury.

Canada Under-20 international Ryan Gyaki, Travis Binnion, Stephen Quinn, Kyle McFadzean, Nicky Travis and Colin Marrison are all expected to sign their first professional deals and bid to make the step up into the first-team squad.

It's good to see that the academy is doing well but will these talented kids get a chance in the 1st team.From what I have read some of these kids are really good,Gyaki,Quinn & McFadzean.UP THE BLADES

A bid in the region of £800,000 has reportedly been made and it seems likely that a deal could be completed before the week's close.

The Millwall midfielder has proven an accomplished Championship performer and has the type of experience Warnock is looking for to aid next year's promotion push.

Having failed to claim a play-off berth this season, Warnock is keen to freshen up his squad and is looking at the prospect of also bringing Ifill's team-mate Darren Ward to the club.

However, with Millwall yet to decide on Dennis Wise's successor, the Blades boss may have to wait before completing a double raid on The Den.

Ricketts talking to Wolves about a possible contract,so that leaves us out.UP THE BLADES

Newly released Blackburn stopper Craig Short remains an alternative, while it seems likely that Warnock will also pursue a permanent deal for Danny Webber - who impressed during a loan spell from Watford.

I thought the deal for Webber was already done & he was our player??

Webber is ours but he is still theres until june 1st i believe,

Great signing if we can get iffil- he is a great player- and short too!!!

These are the kind of signings that we need!!!!! Im getting more confident about next season already!!!

West Ham are showing an interest in Ifill ,but he seems to want a move up north.Craig Short looks like he is getting a 12 month contract from Warnock he will be 37 next week,but I saw him play for Blackburn on MOTD & he still looks a good defender apart from getting sent of but it happens look at Morgan.

Originally posted by mjonah

I must admit Warnock has made two good signings, lets hope more are on the way. Would be great if Neil could sign Heidar Helguson from Watford.

I hope he does get Helguson. He scored lots of goals (20?) last season for a bad team, so he should score even more at Bramall Lane considering most of our team is better than Watford's. According to BladesMad site, he may favour a move to Blades rather than Leeds to team up with Danny Webber again.

Well done Warnock for getting 2 quality players & there's more to come .UP THE BLADES

The Hornets target man Helguson is currently being chased by the Blades and Leeds, though it is believed that the Icelandic International will chose Bramall Lane over Elland Road should United sign his team mate Danny Webber.

Helguson who netted 20 goals last season in what was considered a poor Watford side has one year left on his contract but is keen to leave Vicarage Road before it expiries. He joined the Hornets for 1.5M from Norway side Lillestrom in January 2000 when Vicarage Road was hosting Premiership football.

Why has this come up again about us signing Webber I hear on the forum that we have him ,then why do these reporters keep saying we have not signed him????

Archived