Blades chat - discuss the games/news here

tosh13

we have not signed webber as yet, but it is a forgone conclusion.

as for ifill, quality signing, few more like this and i may get a season ticket yet.

and if i dint think my day could get any better, bradford are interested in cadamarteri

good signs at bdtbl what with nalis and ifill and possibly helguson and short. hopefully this will mean that the pepople who doubted the board's "ambition" will go back into the woodwork now we're dishing out possibly a million quid on one player! and i dont think helguson will be cheap either!

Originally posted by blademan

good signs at bdtbl what with nalis and ifill and possibly helguson and short. hopefully this will mean that the pepople who doubted the board's "ambition" will go back into the woodwork now we're dishing out possibly a million quid on one player! and i dont think helguson will be cheap either!

What do you mean those who doubted the board will go back into the woodwork,do we not live in a free society where speech is free,as supporters we have a right to question the people who run our club if we feel they are doing a poor job.The Utd board over the last 30 years have drained our club of our best players who were our only assett.It is about time the Utd board grew some B***S & realise the Premiership is the only place to be.As a supporter for over 40 yrs I hope next season we will be able to do it for all our supporters.UP THE BLADES

Originally posted by blademan

If we get Helguson will he not be on a free? He has turned down staying at Watford so I think he may be either on the cheap or free. I hope so, although we have loads of strikers he is a good consistent player that will deffo bang in the goals.

I have looked on the Watford WS & it say's nothing about contract talks with Helgusson or when his contract runs out,only that he cost £1.5m & also said that Watfford had agreed a fee of £500.000 for Webber although Cullip was part of the deal,with Cullip coming back the deal stands.I guess Watford would want at least £1m for Helgusson to try & get as much money back for him as possible,but they are in deep financial trouble so we may get him for less providing Leeds don't jump him & gassump us again.I watched Look North & Calender last night & no mention about Utd signing Iffill well that is typical if it's not Leeds Utd they don't bother with other teams in Yorkshire.UP THE BLADES

Sheffield United are ready to move for Watford striker Heidar Helguson.

A host of clubs are tracking the Icelander who is ready to quit Vicarage Road.

Watford are looking to bolster other areas of their squad and look ready to sacrifice Helguson.

Stoke have confirmed their interest while the likes of Charlton and Leeds have also been linked, and now The Blades have admitted they would like Helguson.

"We have asked Watford to keep us informed about

26-year-old Ward looks set to leave The New Den in the summer and was linked with moves to both Sheffield United and Norwich last week.

Now Pardew has joined the race for the player whose brother Elliott is already at Upton Park.

I am sorry to say this 'not' why would anyone want to go to West Ham they always sell there players,no stability no team,they have to be the luckiest team ever with Palace to get in the playoffs.I hope Preston beat them,as there supporters think they have a divine right to be in the top league,no one has the right look at Forest & Man city both teams 1 dropped into division 1 & got out the other just dropped there.anyway we are looking good in the transfer market & to say I'm suprised is an understatement.UP THE BLADES

Originally posted by tosh13

I am sorry to say this 'not' why would anyone want to go to West Ham they always sell there players,no stability no team,they have to be the luckiest team ever with Palace to get in the playoffs.I hope Preston beat them,as there supporters think they have a divine right to be in the top league,no one has the right look at Forest & Man city both teams 1 dropped into division 1 & got out the other just dropped there.anyway we are looking good in the transfer market & to say I'm suprised is an understatement.UP THE BLADES

i have to disagree here, if i was a player (and not a blade) i would pick west ham over sheff utd, the reason they sold a lot of players was to keep afloat, when they came down they had the 4th highest wage bill in the premiership. and also alan pardew wanted to bring in his own players.

west ham have a quality side, but i do agree, they should not be in the play offs, they shud be getting promoted automatically

bywater, repka, brevett, dailly, ferdinand, mackay, hutchinson, lomas, etherington, mullins, reo-coker, chadwick, noble, rebrov, sheringham, harewood, zamora.

all players who would be worthy players for our team

Yes Robbie but with the 4th highest wage bill what did they ever do,they got relegated with a better team by miles than this team now,Sheringham was released because he could not hack it anymore in the top flight,Lomas (Shaggy) is an old timer & looks like he is about to be released, & Ferdinand may become a better player in a few years maybe. & the rest are misfits who were released on free transfers.I loved West Ham as a kid in the 70s with the likes of Bonds,Lampard,Moore etc they were a great team,but I saw Gil Reece play out of his skin at Upton Park & score a cracking goal from a corner.I think we beat them 2-1 or 3-1 that day it was a long time ago.I would rather have the team at Utd & if our new transfers do well we may meet West Ham in the top flight at the end of next season.UP THE BLADES

i think warnock must sign helguson and koumas then quit!:o

he can't be allowed to make good players look total rubbish again ie:harley.

i think we have to give mccall the chance to take us that one step further that i think warnock can't.

H BLOCK BLADE

:loopy: :loopy: :loopy:

It's confirmed that Danny Cademarteri is to leave on a free transfer should anyone come in for him. Bradford boss

Colin Todd is wanting to sign him, so that's Ward and Cad's gone from the overloaded strike force, anymore for anymore?

Archived