Blades chat - discuss the games/news here

tosh13

this post started off so wel......

Originally posted by struddleAPE

i think warnock must sign helguson and koumas

but then goes on to stupidity

then quit!:o

he can't be allowed to make good players look total rubbish again ie:harley.

i think we have to give mccall the chance to take us that one step further that i think warnock can't.

H BLOCK BLADE

:loopy: :loopy: :loopy:

by sacking warnock and allowing somebody who has never managed a team is gonna bring success is it??

as for harley, how do you figure warnock made him rubbish? could it possibly be that he is surrounded by mediocre players and thus making him play worse??

NO!

tongey jags paddy bromby quinny all bad players then.

thats half the team:rant:

5 players..... a team is made up of a lot more than that, to verify that.... go look at the numbers allocation for the team.

anyways.... if your theory works, who made these players the players they are today?

tonge (although he is an idolbastard and i would like to see him leave, has undoubted ability) nurtured by warnock....

jags.... quality player, another nurtured one

paddy.... not a patch one what he used to be, brought in from Bradford PA to bury, then to the lane..... made him the player he is now

quinn and bromby, both had gone stale at the oinksters and turned in revolutionary new players

I don't understand as a Leicester fan how you can be dissatisfied with where you finished Sheff Utd fans. I have come to like both Sheffield clubs since moving to Sheff, but this year a proportion of your fans have been totally unreasonable.

First of all, I don't believe you are a Premiership set up as a club. I think there are certainly twenty clubs who would be higher up the pecking order in my eyes in terms of fan base, history, ground size etc. that make them bigger clubs than yourselves so I think you are maybe getting ahead of yourselves expecting promotion.

Also, you have not underachieved at all this season. Yes it must have been disappointing for you not to finish in the playoffs after being in and around it for most of the season, but take Wolves and Leicester for example. Wolves were expected to win the league and finished 9th, Leicester were third favourites and finished 15th! So please lets get in perspective here. I would swap our season for yours any day of the week.

As regards Warnock, as a Leicester fan I am obligated not to like the chap due to the comments before our game at Bramall Lane 2 or 3 years ago, but you have a good manager there. He may not be perfect tactically but if he went, you would be very unlikely to get a better manager in than him. Does it not say anything that he is linked with quite a few Premiership jobs in the lower half of the table when someone gets sacked?

Anyway please understand this is not United bashing, I would just like to help you see it in perspective.

Although 8th is better than where the last 3 relegated teams ended up,I get your point we finished higher than Wolves & leicester city who were favourites to go up,but being in the top 6 most of the season & end up 8th it is a huge dissapointment for all Utd fans & I am sure if you had been in the same position as Utd & Reading you would be sick.Like Utd Leicester City have always been fighters & underdogs & under Martin O'neill you did your city proud,we want to play in the top league as well & most can say we do deserve something out of the last 3 seasons where we just missed out.Best of luck to Leicester next season as long as you finish 2nd I don't mind.UP THE BLADES

Yes Ricketts looks a good prospect,but I think Iffill is an established player & with other players coming in I think we should have cracking team next season.UP THE BLADES

Hull ready to offer Cullip a way out of LaneHULL City could offer Neil Warnock a solution to his problems surrounding Danny Cullip's long-term future at Sheffield United.

Tigers chief Peter Taylor, who worked with Cullip during his spell on the South Coast, is understood to be monitoring the 28-year-old's situation closely as he looks to add some extra steel to his promotion-winning squad.

Deciding what to do with Cullip, signed for an initial £250,000 from Brighton in December, represents one of the United manager's biggest concerns of the close season following Watford's decision not to use him as a makeweight in the deal which is expected to take Danny Webber to Bramall Lane on a permanent basis.

The two men 'swapped' clubs, initially on loan, in March. Despite Cullip playing a crucial role during their battle to avoid the drop, the new regime at Vicarage Road are "pursuing other options".

Earlier this month, Cullip admitted to The Star he is "confused and frustrated", insisting he had no idea why he was forced into Blades exile.

"The hardest thing is that I know the fans here haven't seen the best of me," he said.

Having returned to South Yorkshire, he and Warnock face some serious questions regarding his predicament.

A move to the KC Stadium could appeal for personal reasons.

Cullip is understood to be annoyed by the prospect of having to uproot his family so soon after their move north.

Veteran keeper set for Sheffield United move

Ian Bennett is poised to complete a switch to Bramall Lane from Birmingham City

The 33-year-old had a loan spell with the Blades during the season just ended and with his Blues contract about to expire will be a free agent in the summer.

Bennett has played over 350 games for Birmingham since joining from Peterborough in 1993 but is behind Maik Taylor and Nico Vaesen in the pecking order at St Andrews.

Although the deal may see Paddy Kenny's exit from Bramall Lane, boss Neil Warnock has said he wants two experienced goalkeepers at the club next season with the new transfer windows meaning he will not be able to sign a player on loan to cover injury outside of the specified datesWell it looks like Kenny's going cannot see Bennett staying as sub keeper.UP THE BLADES

Good news about cullip although i still want to see another defender signed!!!

and i think that it will be a good battle between kenny and bennet- i hope we keep both!!!

warnock has said now its going to be quiet for a couple of weeks while he goes on holiday- why? surely they must continue persuing players while he is away? one or 2 more signings (short will be one of them) and i think we could have a chance at automatic promotion next year!!

Either way - we will thump wednesday if they come up (although i don't think they will)

I think Cullip had a argument with Warnock that's why he's going,even though he is going on holiday the transfer targets are being dealt with by the club,possibly McCall & I think Short will sign,Lee Clark has been released by Fulham now he is a player I would like at the lane but his wages could be a stumbling block.UP THE BLADES

Archived