Blades chat - discuss the games/news here

tosh13

i believe warnock called cullip a "fcuking southern puff" then cullip tried to headbut him- that COULD be the reason he is not wanted!! (plus he is no better than what we already have)

GRAY on his way(Bladesonline)

The story suggests that United will let the 27 year old go if they are successful in landing Watford's Heidar Helguson, and that Preston are ready to do a deal even if they fail to beat West Ham in the playoff final.

And although the idea of letting an 18-goal leading scorer go may sound preposterous, Warnock's occasional ruthlessness (think Danny Cullip and Barry Hayles) and his admission that some players may be set to leave, make the concept not quite so far-fetched as it may sound.

Although not exactly an orthodox centre forward and despite often poor service, Gray was the first Blades' striker since Marcus Bent in 1999/2000 to get anywhere near 20 goals in a season (Bent recorded 17).

But the Bramall Lane jury is still out.

One school of thought is that he is slow, lazy, has no first touch, is not a target man, cannot hold the ball up and is not dominant in the air.

The other has it that 18 goals represents a remarkable return, considering the formations he's had to adapt to, the service he has had to endure, and the lack of a consistent, quality partner (think Barry Hayles, Ashley Ward, Jack Lester, Danny Cadamarteri…).

Regardless, if United could attract a bid of the order of £500,000 and Helguson's signature was secured, many Blades would happily wave goodbye to Gray.

Which would be a great shame; playing in some permutation with - and providing competition for - Helguson, Danny Webber and Steve Kabba, and with some good service from midfield, Andy Gray could be a real asset next season.I do not believe this story,even with Helgusson we still need Gray he has done great this season in a poor team.UP THE BLADES

I hope Gray stay's,he works for the team,look at the Arsenal match the poor lad run himself into the grould.Looks like we have got Webber signed & sealed,also Darren Ward is on our list but Palace & West Brom,Norwich are after him as well.UP THE BLADES.

Shock horror>>>>

Wolves are facing competition from Sheffield United to keep influential skipper Paul Ince at Molineux for another season.Warnock see's him as having the same influence as McCall,although Ince is 38 he has kept himself in top condition but ideally would like to saty at Wolves for a further 12 months.UP THE BLADES

Looks like we have almost signed Craig Short even though Derby have thrown their name in for his signature. He has hinted he would prefer the Blades if he was to carry on with his career. If we have signed Nalis why go for Ince? just one OAP in midfield will do thanks.

Yes D I could not understand that story either,why sign 2 midfielders & talk about Ince or is Warnock saving up midfieders for next season, like he saved up all the strikers last season,the 2007 season he will go for a load of defenders & the following year goalkeepers or am I going mad .UP THE BLADES.

lets be honest, our midfield needs an injection of quality, as it stands it just is not there.

yes jagielka and quinn are fine in the middle...... but lets push them, thirlwell and monty are not really gonna push there places are they

as for the left wing.... flog tonge for 2 mill if we can get that, and draft in djordic

Archived