Blades chat - discuss the games/news here

tosh13

Originally posted by Patchy

Has anyone at United actually expressed an interest in Ince? I thought the rumour came from Ince himself. I bet he gets offered a new deal at Wolves very soon now! :thumbsup:

No Idea P it's just something I read on blades online,it is probably a load of rubbish as we have just bought 2 quality midfielders anyway don't want Ince anyway too full of himself.UP THE BLADES

Agree S the defence let us down the last 2 seasons,we need someone like Short who has the experience to bring on the younger players & I am sure Warnock will go for another quality defender,here's hoping.UP THE BLADES

Sunderland are to play a pre-season friendly against Sheffield United.

The Black Cats will travel to Bramall Lane for the friendly game which will take place on Saturday, 30 July with a 3pm kick-off.

Darren Ward Millwall player looks like signing for Palace,so he's off our list,Warnock would not comment on a 1 yr deal offered to Paul Ince saying I am being linked with every player available & I am not commenting on any possible transfers.

UP THE BLADES

Superblade that clip makes me laugh eveytime, fantastic stuff!

I thought the premiership opposition may have been someone that isn't just a newly promoted team, like Spurs last season.

Maybe Warnock doesn't want us to get our hopes too high incase we win, after the Spurs game we all got a bit too excited.

The £500,000 Webber fee has finally been agreed and he will sign within the next couple of weeks. Reprts suggest that Helguson has been offered another contract with improved terms again at watford, but teams are still keeping an eye on his progress.

Sheffield United insist Premiership target Paddy Kenny will not be sacrificed to enable the club to bring in a new goalkeeper.

Blades boss Neil Warnock is keen to strengthen his squad in the summer and reports have suggested the club will cash in on Kenny.

Aston Villa, Charlton Athletic and Newcastle United have all been linked with the Republic of Ireland international, who has spent three years at Bramall Lane.

Warnock is reportedly keen to bring Ian Bennett to the club on a permanent basis but The Blades are adamant this does not mean Kenny will be sold.

Club chairman Derek Dooley has poured cold water on suggestions that Kenny will be shipped out to give Warnock more financial muscle in the transfer market.

"Just because we are talking to other goalkeepers doesn't mean Paddy will be on his way," Dooley told the Yorkshire Post.

"The idea is that we will have three goalkeepers here who all have the ability to play for the first team.

"We'll need them to guard against the problems caused by the introduction of transfer windows." ????Watch this space for Kenny going I say odds on to go Given is interesting Man Utd but according to several papaers Man Utd are bidding for 3 goalkeepers ranging from £8m to £25m????UP THE BLADES

Archived