Blades chat - discuss the games/news here

tosh13

In all fairness he will bring that battling edge we missed, last season we wouldn't have fought for a bonus of a supermodel, covered in your favourite ice cream topping, in your favourite sports car and loads of cash.

we have finally signed webber

"United have splashed out £500,000 on striker Danny Webber - taking the summer spending spree to £1.5m!

The formalities on Webber's permanent transfer from Watford were completed late on Tuesday, confirming him as United's third signing of the close season.

He joins free agent Lilian Nalis and former Millwall winger Paul Ifill, who cost the Blades an initial £800,000, which could rise to £1m on appearances.

United's decision to arm Neil Warnock with a significant transfer kitty confirms the club's intention to be a major player in the Championship during the 2005-2006 campaign.

Webber, 25, made a healthy impression during his loan spell at Bramall Lane and manager Warnock is convinced he is a major acquisition.

"I'm so pleased that Danny has finally signed," he said. "There have been other clubs asking about him whilst he has been on loan with us. But he said from the start that he wanted to come here permanently and I'm delighted to finally settle the matter.

"I'm looking forward to seeing him in a rich vein of form after a good pre-season with us."

Webber, after penning his three-year deal, added: "When I came here it was on loan with a view to a permanent deal and for me that was always the plan.

"I've already found out what a great club this is and after speaking to the Gaffer again and seeing the calibre of the other new signings I can't wait to get started again.""

DINK DANK DO

so thats webber, nalis, iffil and soon to come will be short, who else do you think will come, i would say with the wage increase the board has approced i would guess at least 1 possibly 2 more big singings!!!

I think FINALLY the board have decided that they need to break out the war chest in order to get to the premiership- i think this could be our year as the 3 teams that are coming down are the weakest in a while (if the loose a couple of players naturally)

well its been a long time coming scott, i think they now realise we are not gonna get anywhere unless we spend a bit, like wigan, and other teams.

i kinda hope short comes down, but i would love to see gabbidon come down to join him to make a new centre half partnership. youth and experience.

hopefully helgusson will come down too, and i think we need a new left winger too, also a keeper like bennett. then we are full prepared for next season

well.... ince seems to be staying in the black country

" Wolves chief executive Jez Moxey says he expects Paul Ince to sign a new deal at Molineux.

The former England star has played a central role at Wanderers this season and, with manager Glenn Hoddle extending his stay, it had been expected that Ince would also continue.

The 37-year-old has been linked with a move to Championship rivals Sheffield United, although he has always stated his admiration for Hoddle and desire to remain at the club.

Moxey revealed that talks with the former Internazionale star were progressing well, and that the experienced campaigner had indicated he was willing to pen a contract extension.

"Negotiations with Paul Ince are continuing and everything appears to be going smoothly," said Moxey.

"Ince has given every indication that he is planning to conclude a deal with us." "

Seven players released by Warnock:

Neil Warnock has made the desicion to release/transfer list 7 senior squad members, who are as follows

Rob Kozluk

Nick Montgomery

Andy Liddel

Danny Cademarteri

Paul Thirwell

Luke Beckett

Paul Shaw

I see this as a bold step by Warnock, Beckett will most likely go to Oldham, Cads looks like he's going back to Bradford. I like Kozluk but looks like Warnock will be looking to utilise Geary and Harley for the left back position. The arrival of Iffil ended any hopes for Liddel of a regular first team place, Shaw did well but it seem he was destined to leave anyway. Thirwell and Monty will be no big loss really although Thirwell had his moments.

Is this in aid of reducing the wage bill aswell so we can get in at least 2 more decent players?

This in addition to Tommy Johnson, Ashley Ward, Danny Haystead and David johnson also leaving the club, although the latter was on loan. However, I do see that Alan Wright is still on the books with us :confused: I thought he would be going as he was Mr inconsistent, brilliant at times terrible at ohters.

Brilliant, another positive step by united, i can't say that loosing any of them will have a huge affect on the team- i can see monty getting snapped up by someone like wednesday thoughand coming back to haunt us.

I am really starting to look at next season with renewed optimism, we have cut the crap (literally) and we are bringing in some good, quality players, a few more singings now and i think we can be confident of a top 4 finish if the team gels right.

I do think it's a positive step by the club, although many of those players listed were young, they seemed to have hit a stubling block in their ability when playing at times for one reason or another. I think if we can sell/transfer all of them it will make for a more consistent team selection next season.

We only had 4 or 5 consistent team selections last season, something I reckoned hinderd the playoff challenge. Yes we need a big squad because of the transfer window this season, but that's why we have blooded some more academy players whilst bringing in experienced playes at the same time.

It's a lot more than just bringing in good players this year, we are making more positive steps I feel to strengthening a solid team.

I am suprised Kozluk is going I thought Warnock rated him,but like you said Duffman,we need to get in the better quality players we need to make a promotion push next season ,so sacrifices have to be made.UP THE BLADES

Archived