Blades chat - discuss the games/news here

tosh13

Originally posted by duffman

Watford will be lucky to keep Helguson, I think it's about time he moved on from Watford and I think he knows he has the admiration from other clubs to go elsewhere. Thing stopping him is watford themselves, I doubt money is on his mind he wants a better club.

Let's hope Danny Webber may be able to tempt him to reject a contract and come up to us.

lets be honest, helguson deserves better than us, as much as i love my blades, helguson is a top player, and i would love to see him in the united team.....

but he is ready for the prem NOW, and we cant give him that for another year, but im certain if he came to us. it would be up the league we go ha ha

i can see it now..... helguson double against wendy..... 5-1

I agree he is a prem player but most teams wouldn't give him a starting place except for the relagation battlers (which would most likely be us should we go up)

I would rather have Helguson over Mellor as I don't think Mellor would add to what we have already. The missing link is in midfield I feel anywayas nice as it would be to have Helguson or someone of his calibre up front I would sacrifice it for that midfield maestro, or even defensive powerhouse we were missing last season

Warnock in Sky documentary

Our very own Neil Warnock is subjet to a documenatry on Sky sports one tonight, not sure when it was filmed but it is all behind the scenes at the lane over a season. Should be interesting to watch, but there is an advisory of very strong language ( I can't wait to hear one of his roastings in the dressing room)

rated 'R' not suitable for referees :D

Seven players released by Warnock:

Neil Warnock has made the desicion to release/transfer list 7 senior squad members, who are as follows

Rob Kozluk

Nick Montgomery

Andy Liddel

Danny Cademarteri

Paul Thirwell

Luke Beckett

Paul Shaw

I see this as a bold step by Warnock, Beckett will most likely go to Oldham, Cads looks like he's going back to Bradford. I like Kozluk but looks like Warnock will be looking to utilise Geary and Harley for the left back position. The arrival of Iffil ended any hopes for Liddel of a regular first team place, Shaw did well but it seem he was destined to leave anyway. Thirwell and Monty will be no big loss really although Thirwell had his moments.

Is this in aid of reducing the wage bill aswell so we can get in at least 2 more decent players?

This in addition to Tommy Johnson, Ashley Ward, Danny Haystead and David johnson also leaving the club, although the latter was on loan. However, I do see that Alan Wright is still on the books with us :confused: I thought he would be going as he was Mr inconsistent, brilliant at times terrible at ohters.

I'm suprised about Kozluk. I cannot really see what he's done wrong.

I'm not a great fan of Liddel but I'd have liked us to have the option of playing two wingers.

Originally posted by robbie

I'm not a great fan of Liddel but I'd have liked us to have the option of playing two wingers.

Reports are Preston are looking at Kozluk, they took him on loan and may look to sign him permanently. Burnley, Stoke and L**ds are looking to sign Montgomery and Oldham want the signature of Luke Beckett. this will offload some of the listed and maybe add a few more pennies to our chest.

Originally posted by robbie

kozluk aint the best at going forward, and seems in a bit of a rut for us.

as for playing 2 wingers..... ifill and tonge

Anyone watch the Warnock documentary last night? It was good but nothing that any blades fan didn't know, it tried to shed some light on the Warnock/Blackwell split but it didn't go into great detail. I just wonder why they picked Him for this?

Anyone watch the Warnock documentary last night? It was good but nothing that any blades fan didn't know, it tried to shed some light on the Warnock/Blackwell split but it didn't go into great detail. I just wonder why they picked Him for this?

i found it quite good to be honest. was quite amusing in parts as well, but i think they picked him due to the fact that there is nobody as passionate as him.

Originally posted by Robbie_Lovin

i found it quite good to be honest. was quite amusing in parts as well, but i think they picked him due to the fact that there is nobody as passionate as him.

true, he showed it in the dressing room thats for sure. I wonder if it wwould have meade people who didn't like him look at him in a different way now? I loved it at the end of the Milwall away game where he said to nearly all of the Milwall players 'That'll teach you for muscat!'

true, he showed it in the dressing room thats for sure. I wonder if it wwould have meade people who didn't like him look at him in a different way now? I loved it at the end of the Milwall away game where he said to nearly all of the Milwall players 'That'll teach you for muscat!'

he came out with some good remarks

NW "you need to be a good player to wear boots like them kozzy"

RK "can i take em off then boss?"

NW "can you ****" ha ha ha ha

and when linesman was crap

"shawy, get warming up down line and tell him to give us some decisions"

Archived