Blades chat - discuss the games/news here

tosh13

we still have Shaw and Cads.

also Sharp.

I'd rather we loaned one from a premiership club (Stead) than spend 1 mil on one that will keep our "best player" who is "like having a new singing" out.

In the Daily Mirror Yesterday it said Utd were showing an interest in Paulo Wanchop,he has fell out with the Spanish club who paid £500.000 for him last season,but Portsmouth are also interested in him & he think he could still play a roll in the Premiership.UP THE BLADES

Much as I look forward to a new, improved and more impressive Kop, the thought of going back to a three-sided ground in the meantime can't be good during a season in which, hopefully, we'll be challenging for a play-off spot. United need the prospect of 'kicking towards the kop'!

Also, this will seriously limit attendances, one of which is sure to be a sell-out. (Hopefully, others too.)

This could have a negative impact on the side.

On the subject of transfers, Paulo Wanchope is a bit 'yesterday' and I agree with others who say a year-long loan deal, bringing in the likes of a John Stead, seems a much better idea.

Finally, back to the Kop, wasn't it opened on an evening in August 1991 when we played West Ham? I was on (or probably in) The Norfolk Broads at the time.

jon steadlooks to be going on a perm deal to sunderland.

as for shaw and cads and sharp.... do you really think any of these 3 would get us anywhere near towards promotion? im thinking not at all.

as for the 3 sided stadium, perhaps it should wait till end of season, start work before end of season and go from there

do you really think that we are a big enough club to keep 3 or 4 very good strikers happy? Kabs would be straight off.

Originally posted by Robbie_Lovin

as for the 3 sided stadium, perhaps it should wait till end of season, start work before end of season and go from there

No cos this way they can have ti ready for the start of the season after and the first season in the prem ;)

Archived