Blades chat - discuss the games/news here

tosh13

Paper talt today suggests we are to try for Stern John with Cullip as the bait. However, the thought of using Cullip to lure Cardiff into a reduced price for Gabbidon would be a good idea.

It seems L**ds, who can't think for themselves are once again in competition with us for another player. This time Ian Bennett had spoken to both Warnock and Blackwell about a move from Birmingham.

We are also linked with Stoke Defender and Skipper Clive Clarke, we have the option of using Nick Montgomery or Rob Kozluk as bait with Stoke as they have shown an interest in the two players.

Well to be honest I don't think we should bother with Stern John what has he done,he's either out injured or on the bench prolific he is not,we have better at the Lane in Webber ,Gray,Kabba.I would prefer a decent defender,we have strengthened our attack & the midfield looks good so all that is left is the defence.I do not know much about the Stoke kid but if he is ok we should go for it.UP THE BLADES

I agree Tosh, Stern John will not bring anything we don't already have at lane, except for a preponderance of not-the-world's-best strikers (with apologies to Kabba and Webber whom I exclude from that category).

If Kabba gets in a full pre-season and returns to full fitness, he and Webber with hopefully a revitalised Andy Gray playing slightly behind will give us plenty of attacking potential. I suspect a lot of people have forgotten just how good Kabba can be!

With the right service - something that must be worked on during the summer - these two could run riot next season.

As you say, put the money elsewhere, either with a quality midfielder (although we may be just about sorted here) or centre-half.

And don't sound so surprised that every player we are linked with Leeds soon follow after. Take it as a compliment, that their trainee manager is still looking over his shoulder as to what our Gaffer is doing. Leeds, looking over their shoulders? How the 'mighty' have fallen.....,

This was taken from Leeds Utd Mad site:

What a damn cheek them saying we are pinching there transfer targets.typical from the land of plenty, Bullsh*t.I hate this aragant club & it's braindead supporters.UP THE BLADES

BIRMINGHAM 'keeper Ian Bennett is wanted by Leeds and, yes you've guessed it, Sheffield United.

The 34-year-old says he has spoken to both clubs but is unsure as to what the future holds as Blues boss Steve Bruce still wants him at St Andrews.

"I've spoken with Sheffield United and Leeds United but that's as far as it's gone," Bennett said in the Birmingham Evening Mail.

"To be honest, with it being very quiet at the moment and people away on holiday, I don't imagine much happening for a few weeks yet.

"With me, I'll probably speak to the gaffer again and see what the situation is.

"He told me at the end of the season that if there wasn't anything out there, he'd welcome me back at Birmingham.

"It's a difficult one because on the other hand I don't want to be going into the First Division and competing for a place either.

"So would I be just as better off staying at Birmingham and going out on loan?''

Quote Ian Bennett

I've spoken with Sheffield United and Leeds United but that's as far as it's gone

who does he mention first :hihi:

to say we are copying there transfer targets regards ian bennett is stupid to be honest, he has been linked with a move to us since he was on loan, and he also lives in worksop. so makes sense to come to the lane.

We are also being linked with another midfield in ex-rangers player Charlie Miller,

i believe we have made contact, but his current club are unwilling to sell him and want him to sign a new contract.

looks like convey could be available if we made an attempt....

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=283759&CPID=10&CLID=&lid=4&title=Convey+unhappy+at+Reading&channel=Championship

from the times ive seen him play, i thought he was a decent player, so unsure why he is not getting regular first team football.

STRIKER Nicky Forster - a long-term target for Blades boss Neil Warnock - was silent today over speculation linking him with a move to Sheffield United.

Forster is quitting Reading, where he has scored 67 goals in 214 senior appearances during his six-year spell.

The 31-year-old has rejected the offer of a new 12-month contract and revealed that three Championship clubs were interested in him.

But he refused to say whether the Blades were one of them - despite the fact Warnock made overtures last season after the teams played out a goalless draw.

Forster admits the Blades boss spoke briefly to him after a game between the two play-off hopefuls last season; suggesting he would get more first-team apperances at Bramall Lane.

Warnock does wants new faces up front, but if he is bidding for hard-working Forster he could face challenges from QPR and Millwall. Stoke have also been an admirer.

The out-of-contract man is leaving the Royals because manager Steve Coppell won't give him more than a one-year deal.

"I need to have security for myself and my family, a two-year deal at least," said the player who has seen two new strikers arrive at Reading from Cork City.

Refusing to say whether the Blades had put an offer before him, he said: "In an ideal world I would love to get a two-year deal at Reading, but it's not on the table.

"I have to look at my options and see what else could be available. At the end of the day, football pays my bills."

Forster, a £65,0000 buy from Birmingham in 1999, began his career at Gillingham, before moving to Brentford.

Hmmm don't really see Forster as someone who will add something to the 3 strikers we have, I would rather see Beckett stay if this were the case, we want someone who will push the others for a place not a squad player who can step in if needed. As for Convey I reckon he would be a good signing if we showed an interest, when he does play he looks beyond his age playing wise and would make a good addition.

Still though a defender is first priority I think, Clive Clarke is a decent player and we should use the players on the transfer list as a bagaining tool.

Archived