Blades chat - discuss the games/news here

tosh13

Paulo Wanchope has issued a come-and-get-me plea to English clubs.

The former Manchester City striker has a year left on his Malaga contract but the club have agreed to let him go on a free after he stated his unhappiness at the racist treatment he has received in Spain.

A distraught Wanchope told the SP: "I've seen racism in almost every stadium in Spain. It's a shame that referees haven't abandoned a few games because of it. That would have set an example and cut the problem off at the root.

"What has upset me the most has been the insults in my own stadium. I can't take any more.

"The worst thing has been the way my wife has been treated in the stadium. I almost quit in the middle of the season because of it."

The abuse got too much for Wanchope in a game against Real Betis earlier this season and he snapped, jumping into the crowd and attacking the fan responsible.

Portsmouth, Sheffield United and former club West Ham are rumoured to be interested in Wanchope and the Costa Rica international admitted he would be keen on a return to England.

He added: "I'm ready to listen to offers and end my hell in Spain."

Scunthorpe United have today completed the signing of veteran striker Tommy Johnson who has recently been released by Sheffield United boss Neil Warnock.Also Cadamatri has had his contract terminated by mutual consent.well thats a few more gone.But we need the centre half we so badly missed last season.UP THE BLADES

Stern John has been signed by boro i think??

We need to get our fingers out and make them all important signings soon- then we can all relax and get excited about the new season!!

Webber + kabba = the new roberts and ellington?

Paper talk suggests we are going for Alan Lee, Peter Thorne and Cameron Jerome from Cardiff if our bid for helguson fails (which i'm sure it will) but is this a red herring from Warnock? He never usually reveals targets as L**ds usually go for them, so could he be planning to get someone else?

Within hours of being released by the blades Danny Cademarteri has rejoined Bradford.

Originally posted by scottf

Webber + kabba = the new roberts and ellington?

Barring injury then yes, why not?

But don't forget Warnock's signed Webber to play in goal and Kabba, he can come on in the 89th minute when we're 3 down.

Seriously though, I'm quite excited about this pairing's potential.

(Webber and Kabba, sounds like an optician's practice!)

Archived