Blades chat - discuss the games/news here

tosh13

Originally posted by wibbles

Wow..what an incentive to leave a Premiership club.

Personally I think another more ambitious club would sign him and he would prefer to go there rather than Sheffield United.

why are we not ambitious??

just because we have a steady ship we are not "ambitious"

we have quite a lot of good players at the lane actually!!

we are also pushing for promotion for premiership!!

Neil Mellor Went to West Ham on loan, they're only one place above the blades plus when the January transfer window opens Liverpool may buy a striker or two, then when Baros is back this could push Mellor into the the back seats so he may want to go somewhere to get first team action. Where better to try and prove yourself than a team pushing for promotion/playoffs? especially if it's your hometown.

Originally posted by duffman

Neil Mellor Went to West Ham on loan, they're only one place above the blades plus when the January transfer window opens Liverpool may buy a striker or two, then when Baros is back this could push Mellor into the the back seats so he may want to go somewhere to get first team action. Where better to try and prove yourself than a team pushing for promotion/playoffs? especially if it's your hometown.

There's a difference in stature and reputation between West Ham and Sheffield United.

There's also a massive difference in opinions and amount of respect for the managers of both teams.

Alan Pardew is widely respected and held in high regard by fellow professionals and managers alike whereas Neil Warnock is a complete idiot who talks out of his arse.

Unfortunately Sheffield United is tarnished with Warnocks brush and doesn't really sell itself as a club thats progressing.

Originally posted by wibbles

Mainly because of his attitude and the way he behaves and conducts himself. Alan Pardew is only an example (someone mentioned West Ham previously).

yeah but you state he is widely respective, when really he isnt!!

neil warnock maybe idiotic or whatever you wanna say, but you cant deny that he is a good manager,

and id bet if you asked anyone in football what they thought of playing his teams, they would state they are tough to break down

I am a warnock fan but i must agree with wibbles here- i know many rival fans who like our team as a whole but think warnock is a total pratt and is holding united back, in a way they are right- he IS very outspoken and he DOES go OTT about some stuff, but thats warnock- he wears his heart on his sleeve for the blades!

Originally posted by duffman

Maybe so but he has brought in good players before and he must have been able to sell the club to them, so he isn't always talking out of it.

To be fair they can't be that good otherwise why are Sheffield United still in the First Division??..sorry..Coca Cola chamionship..so I guess they did kinda get promoted.

Wearing his heart on his sleeve is the easy excuse. but at the end of the day he talks a lots of BS and is a laughing stock of the division.

Archived