Blades chat - discuss the games/news here

tosh13

Originally posted by duffman

Wellity, wellity, wellity! What a suprise Leeds yet again are ready to hijack a move for another Blades target. Now the team who can't think for themselves are after Craig Short and are looking to swoop for him before he gets back off hil jollies.

Mr 'lets see who Warnock wants next' Blackwell knows full well how long Warnock has been chasing Short for. I hope we stuff Leeds 5-0 next season!

Hate to be pedantic here duffman and vidster, but there's an unwritten rule on this forum that states that 'leeds' begins with a small 'l'.:thumbsup:

Looks like l***s have got Steve Stone on a free from Portsmouth,still no mention about a defender yet,perhaps Warnock is playing his cards close to his chest & not mentioning his target in case Blackwell get's a sniff.UP THE BLADES

short signs on the dotted line :D

"United have won the race to sign experienced central defender Craig Short who has been released by Blackburn Rovers.

The competitive 37 year old also played with Scarborough, Notts County, Derby County and Everton in a career that included a total of £7million paid in transfer fees. He signs a one year deal at the Lane.

The Blades beat off interest from other clubs including Leeds for his services and although he will not sign officially until 1 August he will join his new team-mates for pre-season training on Thursday.

Neil Warnock, who has made no secret of his search to add experience and leadership to his squad, said: "Naturally, I am delighted to get Craig. I've known him for a long time and know exactly what he can offer us."

Indeed, when Short, older brother of Chris who played for United in the late 1990s, last played under the United boss Warnock led Notts County to promotion to the top flight - a lucky omen?"

liddell has left too, very surprised at this to be honest

"Andy Liddell will not return to Bramall Lane for pre-season training after having his contract terminated.

Liddell was one of seven players transfer listed at the end of the season by boss Neil Warnock and is the second to have his deal terminated to help him find another club.

Earlier this month Danny Cadamarteri was released from his contract and joined his hometown club, Bradford City.

"Andy did well for us last season," said Warnock. "But by letting him go it will free up some wages to bring in other players as well as Craig Short."

Liddell, signed from Wigan, played 39 times for United, scoring six goals, and probably enjoyed his best game in the FA Cup third round victory over Aston Villa."

I am suprised Liddell has gone ,he was great against Villa.I think Warnock should have kept him as a squad player,he has experience in the Championship & is one of the few that had a decent season,but Warnock saying that what he saves on his wages he could bring in other players,what other players was Liddell on £10.000 a week not likely,but he's gone to Oldahm & good luck to him.Glad we have got Short ok he is 37 but he has premiership experience & can help the like's of Morgan & Cullip.UP THE BLADES

Archived