Blades chat - discuss the games/news here

tosh13

Originally posted by Ousetunes

I may be reading your post wrong but we had Jostein Flo - he scored twice at Anfield, and not Tore Andre.

we had both flo's on trial, joisten signed for us and went on to have a pretty good time with us, but we dint keep him when we had to pay extra money to his old club had he play another game,

TORE ANDRE FLO was percieved as not being good enough for us

Just seen the new kit.The shorts look at little long 1889 style & the shirt looks a bit 80s,I prefered the red shorts to the black,they looked really good.But i've seen worse.Croatia lol.UP THE BLADES

This mornings Daily Mirror quote Liverpool turn down £500.000 offer for Mellor,if Warnock is serious about this kid he should spend the £1m he has in his pocket,because Mellor is a better player than Helguson & he is about 8 yrs younger,one for the future,I saw him play for Liverpool and the lad has class written all over him,go for it Neil & buy Neil.UP THE BLADES

I'm not convinced about Mellor. He has talent but whether he'll turn into anything other than a second rate striker is another thing.

If we are going to spend 1 million I want a tried and tested striker who can score in the top flight.

I'd still love us to sign Stead.

I thought Stead was going to Sunderland.Mellor has scored in the premiership on a few occasions before his injury & I think he would make a better striker than Stead.UP THE BLADES

Originally posted by tosh13

This mornings Daily Mirror quote Liverpool turn down £500.000 offer for Mellor,if Warnock is serious about this kid he should spend the £1m he has in his pocket,because Mellor is a better player than Helguson & he is about 8 yrs younger,one for the future,I saw him play for Liverpool and the lad has class written all over him,go for it Neil & buy Neil.UP THE BLADES

id rather have had helguson than mellor to be honest.

i think we should be looking to get him on a season long loan or something, im sure liverpool would be willing to listen to an offer of a loan.

anyways........ im still convinced iain hume is the way forward, and shall be demonstrating with placards outside the lane till we get him:D

Sheffield United have rewarded six of their youngsters from the academy with professional deals.

Stephen Quinn (brother of Alan), Travis Binnion, Ryan Gyaki, Colin Marrison, Kyle McFadzean and Nick Travis are the individuals who have been chosen to join Michael Tonge and co. for the 2005/06 season.

Three of the promoted players already have youth international experience, with Quinn and Binnion being Republic of Ireland youth internationals whilst Gyaki has represented Canada at youth level.

And Neil Warnock found time to speak of his hopes for the promising batch of new players.

"These deals are the reward for their hard work and attitude in the Academy," said Warnock.

I don't think Liverpool will let Mellor come on loan after rejecting a £500.000 bid,all the matches I have seen him in he was outstanding before his injury & he was involved in most of the attacking play.UP THE BLADES

Sheffield United have recruited two young players on one-year contracts from other clubs' academies.

Australian-born midfielder Kyle Nix, 19, joins from Aston Villa and is an England Under-19 international.

Republic of Ireland Under-21 striker or centre-back Gary Mulligan, 20, was just released by Wolves and had a loan spell at Rushden & Diamonds last season.

"This is a great opportunity for both lads, who have shown promise," boss Neil Warnock told the club website.

"I have watched Mulligan a few times and he was the best player on the park in those games, while Nix did well when we had him at the end of last season."

I know that a loan deal could help Mellor us & Liverpool,but he has shown he can score in the Premiere League & the only way I think Liverpool would lend him on a year long loan would be too get his fitness back,but would Liverpool let him come to us after the Phil Thompson trouble in the cup a couple of season's ago.There may still be a bit of anamosity between the club after Warnock accused Henchoz I think it was of spitting it caused bad feeling.UP THE BLADES

Archived