Blades chat - discuss the games/news here

tosh13

Doncaster Rovers are reportedly set to sign Sheffield United midfielder Nick Montgomery for a club record £400,000.

The Iron's ambitious local rivals will complete the signing of the 23-year-old within the next 24 hours, according to the Sun.

The ex-Scotland Under-21 midfielder has made more than 70 appearances for the Blades and was transfer-listed in June.

The move for the energetic midfielder will eclipse that made for Bristol City striker Paul Heffernan (£125,000) earlier this summer.

Donny Rovers? £400k? Is this European Funding?

I think that's good business for the Blades (if it's true, your source was The Sun). Also, good for Monty methinks. He'll get first team footie and should be a cut above everybody else playing at that level.

However, the cynic in me says that the figure quoted in The Sun contains one too many zeros.

Why? Because I can't believe Donny have that kind of money &

because United normally let their players go on the cheap and a £40k price would be par for the course.

If we let him go for 40k we are mugs!!! monty isn't good enough to lay in ourteam- thatmuch is clear but he is still a championship player-albeit for a lower class side- he would do really well at the pigs actually i think!!!

but 400k for him to donny- good luck to the lad!!!

Sheffield United defender signs new deal

Sheffield United central defender Chris Morgan has signed a new three-year deal at Bramall Lane.

Morgan told stellargroup.co.uk: "I love the club and the supporters so to sign an extension to my contract is fantastic. The manager and the chairman have shown their faith in me and hopefully I can continue to repay them on the pitch where it matters.

"We have the set-up here to challenge for the Premiership, there is no doubt about that, we just need to be a bit more consistent and we will get there."

Brentford boss Martin Allen has revealed that South Korean defender San Lee is attracting interest from Sheffield United.

Lee arrived at Griffin Park from West Ham last summer, but his first season with The Bees was disrupted by a string of niggling injuries.

Allen has expressed a desire to keep the defender on Brentford's books, but the stopper could be lured away by the prospect of Championship football with The Blades.

"San Lee has been training with Sao Paulo in Brazil," Allen told the club's website. "I was informed yesterday that he will be going for a week's training with Sheffield United with a view to earning himself another contract.

"San Lee's season was interrupted constantly with injuries and I was hoping to have him back. But this is now looking unlikely. But we will see."

Originally posted by tosh13

Brentford boss Martin Allen has revealed that South Korean defender San Lee is attracting interest from Sheffield United.

I wonder how long it will be before Kevin Blackwell expresses an interest in signing San Lee for Leeds! :rolleyes:

According to the news and SUFC's own website, the Blades are set to put plans for a four star hotel before the council.

I hope this gets planning permission and that at long last the corner of Bramall Lane and Cherry Street can be filled in.

Also, a brief mention of two-tier Kop though nothing new.

Good news. Leeds United....where's your hotel going?

Archived