Blades chat - discuss the games/news here

tosh13

To get back on the topic of the Blades...

Anyone off to Worksop tonight?

Should be a good showing of Blades there.

KO: 19:45.

Admission: £8 Adults, £4 concession.

They're opening the gates and the clubhouse at 17:00.

I shall be there, resplendent in new shirt which actually looks alright in the flesh.

Originally posted by kelly_owls

On paper last season we should have come up automatically but its about the squad gelling that matters.

lets be honest. After a bet with one of my managers l**** now frighten me a bit. Healy, Hulse and that ex Burnley player scare me a bit.

Originally posted by robbie

£8 for a friendly:rant:

Was a tenner for adults at the friendly against Chesterfield the other year.

I'd prefer my money to go to these clubs rather than Arsenal to be honest and from the look of the ground, Worksop need all the money they can get.

Quickie match report:

Despite the Worksop players' attempts to break a few legs, the United lads seemed to treat this as a bit of a kick around. This reflected in the score only being 1-0 to us. (Tonge just before half time). Not really surprising when they're jetting off to China this week. There was a scary moment when Kabba was took down from behind, but he got up and was ok.

Iffil and Nalis started. Both look strong and Nalis has some nifty touches. Jags didn't feature, as the Star reported.

Gray missed a second half penalty, which came back off the bar. Tonge ran his socks off for once which is hopefully a good indication for the coming season.

Couldn't keep up with the subs but Forte, Shaw and many others managed to get at least 15 minutes.

Won't live long in the memory but was a decent night out. Attendance was officially 2500 but many more were in the ground as they just jumped the fence :)

Will post a link to some pictures later if anyone's bothered...

Here's an index of all the pictures... hopefully they'll be on a properly designed United site within the next few weeks :)

11.07.2005: Worksop Town v. Sheffield United: Friendly

Here are some pictures from the open day on Sunday 10th July at Bramall Lane...

View from the top of the Kop.

View along Kop towards John Street Corner

South Stand from the top of the Kop (bye bye my lovely wooden seat)

Looking up the Kop from pitch level

Watching the neighbour score at four aside.

The new players chat to Gary Sinclair

Blades boss Neil Warnock is still chasing another striker and may make a move for Crystal Palace's Neil Shipperley

The experienced forward has been told he can leave Selhurst Park and is attracting interest from a number of Championship sides.

Warnock is keen to find a striker to challenge Andy Gray and play alongside Danny Webber and is also still being linked with former Rotherham man Alan Lee.

Shipperly is a old fashioned strong center forward,but he has had a lot of injuries over the past few years & should we take a risk, look at Ward & Cadds.UP THE BLADES

Archived