Blades chat - discuss the games/news here

tosh13

Originally posted by Robbie_Lovin

why are we not ambitious??

just because we have a steady ship we are not "ambitious"

we have quite a lot of good players at the lane actually!!

we are also pushing for promotion for premiership!!

a few weeks ago our first 11 cost less than 100k, we get outbid for players by most other Chamspionship sides and cannot get anyone decent on loan.

Wednesday have a lot worse debt than us yet still manage to pay more money for players.

We have never had ambition (apart from the Mcdonald period)

we are slightly tapping towards mid table obscurity....

Originally posted by robbie

a few weeks ago our first 11 cost less than 100k, we get outbid for players by most other Chamspionship sides and cannot get anyone decent on loan.

Wednesday have a lot worse debt than us yet still manage to pay more money for players.

We have never had ambition (apart from the Mcdonald period)

we are slightly tapping towards mid table obscurity....

well if people got behind there side more often IE YOU

the perhaps we would not be so "unabmitious"

Originally posted by Scottandandy

Now don't be daft- examples please??

Adam Produlock i think is the only noticeable one to be honest!!

so when you think about it, our board MAY just MAY be a bit more ambitious!!

Lets see who we have signed for money,

Cadamarteri 50k

Kenny 42.5k

Beckett 50k

Gray 50k (i believe)

Francis 50k (i believe)

Kabba 250k

Armstrong 100k

Geary 50k

Shaw 90k

Originally posted by wibbles

I must admire Warnock's tactical nouse. Lets buy as many strikers as possible and play the 1-10 formation.

Now there's rumours he's made a bid for Bobby Zamora

i must point you to this story

"Neil Warnock today denied that West Ham striker Bobby Zamora is his top transfer target, says the Sheffield Star

The United manager, who has made no secret of his desire to increase the firepower at his team's disposal, has been linked with a succession of big names after revealing that he has been given £500,000 to spend on a proven goalscorer.

But after talk increased over the weekend that Zamora, who moved to Upton Park from Tottenham in February, is being lined up for a move to South Yorkshire, Warnock admitted: "I don't think we could afford Bobby. And I don't think West Ham could get away with letting anyone go. Bobby isn't one of the three I've spoken to manager's about."

One of those, Liverpool's Neil Mellor, scored a spectacular winner against Arsenal yesterday.

The identities of the other two have been kept secret, although Warnock has confirmed both are attached to Premiership clubs.

That has led to intense speculation about who they might be, with Geoff Horsfield being mentioned."

Originally posted by Robbie_Lovin

No

no?? could you explain why your not happy?

with the amount of good teams that ae in the division i think we are doing well, united are not going to be strong enough to go up automatically but i think we will be there or thereabouts at the end of the season.

Originally posted by Scottandandy

no?? could you explain why your not happy?

with the amount of good teams that ae in the division i think we are doing well, united are not going to be strong enough to go up automatically but i think we will be there or thereabouts at the end of the season.

look at our team, we have a solid team!!

Kenny (supposedly best keeper in league :loopy: )

Bromby, (doing great)

Morgan (solid)

Jags (potential)

Harley (best left back in league with out question)

Tonge (potential)

Quinn (quality)

Thirlwel (great al rounder)

Liddell (not showing what he is made of but great)

Gray (quality)

Cadamarteri (not much to say realy)

thats just the 1st 11, you cant say they should not be up near the top 4!

then we have geary

beckett

francis

kozluk

armstrong

barnes

Kabba

Forte

Geary

Yes i know some of them have been long term injuries,

but i have not mentioned the players that have made minimal impact with us this season

our team is strong, and should be competing for the top places!

im not complaining at 7th, because i know that we are playing wel, but we are being unlucky!

The reason that i am dissapointed most, is that we have drawn SIX at home!! how can you accomodate for such abysmal home form when you are supposedly a top 6 side!!

our away form is magnificent, won 5 drawn 2 lost 3!!

some peoplemay blame it on the fans being negative at home, but what more do you expect with how we started our home form this season, i have never once booed, obviously i get frustrated, but i am one of those, no matter how bad the performance i will stand there at the end and applaud the players, because i know at least they have tried!!

the reason im disappointed is because i KNOW we are better than we show sometime

Archived