Blades chat - discuss the games/news here

tosh13

Pictures were taken by the other half, so you'd have to ask him :)

The battery ran out or we would have had more pictures.

All in all was a decent night, but wish I was going to China now :)

WOOOHOO... a century of posts :clap:

Originally posted by tosh13

Warnock is keen to find a striker to challenge Andy Gray and play alongside Danny Webber and is also still being linked with former Rotherham man Alan Lee.

Shipperly is a old fashioned strong center forward,but he has had a lot of injuries over the past few years & should we take a risk, look at Ward & Cadds.UP THE BLADES

Seems like we're getting rid of one Ashley Ward and replacing him with another.

Do we really need another 'donkey' type centre forward? Gray, Webber and Kabba should be a threat to any defence in this division.

If we DO need another striker, then I think we've got to set our sights a little higher than the likes of Neil Shipperley.

Totally agree Ousetunes,we have had our share of donkeys over the years & we need someone with experience but not injury prone.UP THE BLADES

According to ITV's Teletext service, United have turned down an improved offer, said to be in the region of £2.7M from West Ham for Jagielka.

With both the Hammers and Charlton chasing after him, it says that Neil Warnock is holding out for £4M which I reckon would be a good price - although if Jaggers is going to leave, then come on, set your sights a little higher than these two clubs.

It's refreshing to see the board not snapping off bidders' hands at the first whiff of money.

It's doubly refreshing to know that L**ds haven't the kind of money to put a bid in either, na na na naaa naaaa!

and the numbers have finally come out........

1 Paddy Kenny

2 Leigh Bromby

3 Jon Harley

4 Craig Short

5 Chris Morgan

6 Phil Jagielka

7 Paul Ifill

8 Andy Gray

10 Danny Webber

11 Steven Kabba

12 Alan Quinn

13 Phil Barnes

14 Lilian Nalis

15 Rob Kozluk

16 Simon Francis

17 Nick Montgomery

18 Michael Tonge

20 Chris Armstrong

21 Jonathan Forte

22 Ian Ross

23 Kevan Hurst

24 Paul Thirlwell

25 Alan Wright

26 Derek Geary

28 Billy Sharp

29 Luke Beckett

30 Paul Shaw

32 Danny Cullip

34 Gary Mulligan

39 Hao Haidong

nice to see harley finally got the number 3 shirt :)

also bromby with the number 2.... surprised to see tonge not get a first 11 shirt

surpringly they left the number 9 empty....... shipperlys shirt me thinks

Positional numbers don't matter these day's not like in the old day's of 1 to 11,all teams have squad numbers, plenty of top players are outside the 1 to 11.As for the number 9 I agree something is cooking,although Shipperly is a strong player his injuries worry me,I thought he was the new Shearer when he was younger,plenty of pace & power,but the injury setback's seem to have mainly limited his career goals over the last 4 yrs.But I hope Warnock uses the £1m plus he has available wisely.He said Ellington would be great but his price & wages would be too much,but if we are that confident on promotion I say go for it,look what he did for Wigan.UP THE BLADES

Archived