Blades chat - discuss the games/news here

tosh13

Originally posted by robbie

where's Kyle Nix?

Kyle Nix is on the squad list but has not been given a number, so most likely will be in the reserves all season and may get 10 mins against Boston in the League cup or something.

Well nice to be back off holiday (yeah right :rolleyes:!) I see not too much has happened in the transfer market although I did read that we were giving a trail to an Iranian midfielder. I can't remember who and where from but he had played prevously for Real Zaragoza (spelling?) a couple of seasons ago

Beckett has gone on loan for a season with a view to a transfer to Oldham but is stll holding a squad number,now that is strange unless Warnock has injuries & recalls him.UP THE BLADES

It will cost Oldham £50,000 for the season long loan and there is a view to buy for an extra £85,000 at the end of the season. Good money but I can't understand why they didn't pay for him in the first place as i'm sure we would have excepted the bid.

Originally posted by duffman

It will cost Oldham £50,000 for the season long loan and there is a view to buy for an extra £85,000 at the end of the season. Good money but I can't understand why they didn't pay for him in the first place as i'm sure we would have excepted the bid.

Oldham did make a quite large bid for him... I think it was over £100,000, but the bid was turned down.

Rumours are flooding into The Aston Villa Blog that Villa are poised to make a £4,000,000.00 bid for the Sheffield United player Phil Jagielka.

United boss Neil Warnock is happy to sell as long as the club's valuation is met and met quickly so he has time replace the versatile player.

Jagielka started his career as a midfielder and was quite a prolific goal scorer, with 22 in two seasons but Warnock moved him to a central defensive position where he has won England U21 honours and appears to have settled as a player.

If this deal were to happen it would surely put an end to the Distin speculation and probably, in the long term, offer a much better solution to Aston Villa.

NEIL SHIPPERLEY is joining Sheffield United from Crystal Palace and will sign for Neil Warnock this week. The much- travelled target man had a handful of options but chose the Blades in the end.That's our number 9 shirt gone.UP THE BLADES

That £4M could get us a good striker and I wouldn't begrudge seeing Jaggers playing at a higher level.

But as for Neil Shipperley - why on earth do we need another big injury-prone donkey up front?

With £4M we have some clout to go out and buy some red-hot striker.

It'd be like winning the lottery only to go and live in a tent...,

id love to keep hold of jags, but 4million is a fair bit of money, and as said by ousetunes, who would begrudge jags a shot at the big time?

oooooooo 4 million to spend of players, i feel like a kid in a candy shop now lol

*scours the net to see who to buy now*

After a quick Collation have got a few players on short list

Jason Koumas 1million

Iain Hume 500k

Luke Rogers 100k

Clive Clarke 300k

Alex John-Baptiste 100k

and still got 2 million left YAY

Rumour has it, Marcus Bent has been linked with a move back down to the lane, im a bit wary on this acquisition to be honest, although i think he would improve our striking options, he was quick to jump ship when a better offer came along last time.

Edit with the final 2 million i suggest Kris Commons :D

If Warnock get's the £4m to spend which I doubt very much,Ellington at Wigan would be a great buy & I would offer £3m for him,but would he drop back down to the Championship,only dreaming & as for Bent I saw him on MOTD playing for Everton & he was great,then all of a sudden he was dropped?? he is a pacy forward & would cause chaos to the defenders in the Championship I would offer £1.5 for him & Everton would snatch off Warnocks hand.Anyway as for Shipperly as said before he has had loads of injuries over the last 4 yrs & could not get in the Palace team so that say's it all, if he is not good enough for the jammiest team on the planet why would he be a good player for us.UP THE BLADES

As Robbie Lovin stated earlier that Marcus Bent was quick to jump ship I think also we were quick to make the sale as it was a huge profit for us, we only paid £300,000 and sold him for just over £2m so 6 of one and half a dozen of the other there I think.

I would welcome him back to the lane no problem as with him and the three strikers we have that could form a potent combo like the Ellington-Roberts partnership Wigan had.

If we sell Jags at the price stated (£4m) then we would have the clout to spend but most of the best players available have already moved on, although there are plenty more to look out for and we wouldn't have to use it all, we could save some for January just incase we needed it.

Archived