Blades chat - discuss the games/news here

tosh13

Looks like we have signed Shipperley,Warnock said we have not had a player of his sort since the Chief,well the Chief scored so many goals,sarcasm.I just hope getting rid of the like's of Ward etc we have not bought another donkey.But at least we have Gray,Webber & Kabba.UP THE BLADES

Jason Koumas is to be released by West Brom,so why don't we go for him,he is a decent player,other than Mellor I cannot think of anyone else who can come in at £1m.UP THE BLADES

Originally posted by Dot

I hope that I'm proved wrong but I cant see that Shipperley will add anything to the team but lets wait and see and not pre judge:confused:

But as I've said before on other Blades forums, surely a target man is what we need to get out of this division?

We have a great squad of footballing players who like to pass the ball around and would do very well in the Premiership - just look how we've perfomed against Premiership teams in recent history. The thing is, we have to get out of this division first. In many cases, a target man is a bit part player to promotion.

Shipperley will probably not play all that often, but he will do a job for us when we need him. Kabba and the now injured Webber are fast players, but they need someone with that bit of strength to hold the ball up for them.

I think we now have every kind of striker we need, and all will be used when the situation suits. (Or when they aren't injured!)

Roll on the new season.

PS: There are more and more rumours flying about regarding Lee Clark. We shall see...

I hope we get Lee Clarke he is a cracking midfielder & a leader I am suprised Fulham let him go,it was probably his high wages,Leeds were talking to him but they were put off with his wage demands,Webber,Gray & Ifill will be fit for the new season.As far as Shipperly is concerned I hope he will become that target man as said we have missed that sort of player & Shipps was a decent player before his injury problems.UP THE BLADES

Clark or koumas would be superb signings.

since he's still playing Monty in the preseasons we need at least one (if not 2 midfielders) as we are a but week there.

Archived