Blades chat - discuss the games/news here

tosh13

Originally posted by SuPeRbLaDe

even though we have shipperly hes still not in the number 9 spot, although hes been added to the squad list, does this mean there is someone on there way?

no he is just awaiting to be given a number, i should imagine he will be 9

Originally posted by tosh13

Could be Koumas

he wouldn't get the number 9 shirt......... and i cant envisage we would sign him either, although i would love to

Geary joins injury list with a thigh strain & is expected to be out for a couple of weeks'we now have only 17 fit players out in China & the training facilities are not good,but they have improved slightly.Is it really worth it going to places like China for preseason when the climate is so different & the traning grounds are not up to our standard.After 1 match we have 4 injured,but will probalby recover for the start of the seson.UP THE BLADES

Originally posted by tosh13

Geary joins injury list with a thigh strain & is expected to be out for a couple of weeks'we now have only 17 fit players out in China & the training facilities are not good,but they have improved slightly.Is it really worth it going to places like China for preseason when the climate is so different & the traning grounds are not up to our standard.After 1 match we have 4 injured,but will probalby recover for the start of the seson.UP THE BLADES

With the ease at which players pick up injuries these days, are the training techniques what they should be in the modern game? Are players over trained so that muscles and tissues are being asked to perform things they weren't originally designed for?

Or is it more to do with the value each player has on the company's balance sheet that results in players being side-lined because they've bruised their inner thigh?

Makes me wonder.

Yeah OT they do seem to get injured easily these day's,look at Harry Kewell on the night of Liverpools victory he pulled up after 20 mins,but he ran onto the pitch at the end of the match to have his photo taken.I think it is the training methods you can only push the body so far before damage is done,in the past players seemed to play more matches, ok the game today is fast & furious so that is probably to blame for the amount of injuries a certain type of player gets.UP THE BLADES

they could have just have easily got injured in england you know, the warmer climate probably helps the lads a bit as there muscles are already warm!!!

Lee clark signing next week- am gonna have a tenner at the bookies on it :D

Cheers Norton for the spelling lesson.I agree we don't want the guy from Kettering.I meant Lee from Newcastle I have alway's rated him,but what source did you get the info from.Cheers

Archived