Blades chat - discuss the games/news here

tosh13

Steve Kabba and Paul Thirlwell are the latest players to be struck down by Sheffield United's injury jinx.

Neil Warnock's first-team squad, currently on a three-match tour of China, has already been depleted by injuries to Andy Gray, Paul Ifill and Danny Webber.

Now striker Kabba, looking to work his way back into Warnock's plans after two years in the injury wilderness, has sustained a hamstring strain and midfielder Thirlwell has a groin problem.

Thirlwell is definitely out of the Blades' second match against a combined Chinese XI consisting of players from Liao Ning Zhong Yu and Dalian Shide, while Kabba faces a late test.

The latest setbacks for the South Yorkshire club means young Blades Jonathan Forte and Kevan Hurst are almost certain to be handed an extended run out.

Well we will be lucky to have a team at the start of the new season 6 players suffering injuries while out in China,like I said earlier is it really worth it going all that way on a PR trip to lose half of our best players.Well let's hope they are all ok for the new season.UP THE BLADES

Well, we lost 3-1 to Liaoning FC but Kabba played 80 minutes apparently and Webber managed to do some light running. They're also expecting Ifill to be back within a couple of weeks, so he **may** be available for the start of the season.

Bromby scored our solitary goal.

PS: The Matlock reserve match has been moved to Wednesday to accomodate some first team players into the squad. We'll be there with the camera so expect some pictures :)

Ifill should be fit in 12 to 14 days his shoulder injury is bad bruising & Webber has done some light training & should be ok soon.Glad to hear our injuries are clearing up & not serious.UP THE BLADES

Look's like Kabba has shaken off the injury he got.I just hope that there are no more inuries tonight in the last match.Also Haidong said Utd are bigger in China than Man Utd how come I saw the Man Utd match yesterday against an Hong Kong XI.There were no sign of any of our shirts on display,I think it's just wishful thinking.UP THE BLADES

Tonights team is a much changed one, so the theory of using this trip to settle a first 11 has well and truly gone down the drain (let's hope that isn't the excuse when we start to faulter)

Barnes,

Kozluk, Bromby, Morgan, Armstrong

Francis, Nalis, Hurst, Forte

Kabba, Haidong

Archived