Blades chat - discuss the games/news here

tosh13

Probably did Scottf,but I cannot understand him saying Utd are bigger in China than Man utd,it would be great for shirt sales & such,think of all the money generated.

its all very well playing Haidong in these friendlies but as he's unlikely to play in the league it seems a bit of a waste of pre-season for getting a set strikeforce.

Originally posted by robbie

its all very well playing Haidong in these friendlies but as he's unlikely to play in the league it seems a bit of a waste of pre-season for getting a set strikeforce.

Well looking at some of the recent news stories, Warnock is backing Haidong to prove himself and Haidong himself sounds quite determined to get a run out in the league. We'll see what happens I suppose but it's certainly not doing any harm for our standing with the chinese community in Sheffield and abroad.

All started with Desun sponsoring the shirts 3 seasons ago and now Haidong. Looks like there's gonna be more and more Chinese business men sat behind me in the exec box :)

Originally posted by robbie

and just why do you think they were playing the friendlies in China including a game against a certain players old club?

I don't recall him playing at Worksop :)

Anyone going to Matlock tonight?

The squad travelling is as follows: Barnes, Law, Horwood, McFadzean, Cullip, Ross, Hurst, A. Quinn, Nix, Gray, Shipperley, Sharp, San Lee, S. Quinn, Gyaki, Travis, Starosta.

Shipperley looks set to partner Andy Gray.

We've also got a trialist- FC Twente's Rahim Ouedraogo who is apparently a defensive midfielder. He only made 8 starts for FC Twente last season. The 24 year old has 3 days to impress at United.

Ifill is also planning to be in contention for a place in the team against Sunderland on Saturday.

His shoulder injury is healing faster than expected, and he feels he has to attempt to play on Saturday for fitness reasons.

When the injury was sustained in China, he was expected to miss the first match of the season in 10 days time but looks set to be injury free for the Leicester match.

Archived