Blades chat - discuss the games/news here

tosh13

Forte should have been given a few days in a row to see what he can do. I know he lacky any physical presence but he is definitely a talent.

More news on the Jags saga:

Jewell has spoken out on the Wigan OS saying...

"It's simply not true to say the player (Jagielka) has turned us down or doesn't want to play for us. The player hasn't been given an opportunity to turn us down, as the deal never got that far. We enquired about Jagielka and Sheffield United told us they wanted £4 million pounds. We then bid £4 million pounds and they rejected the offer. They then told us they wanted £5 million pounds! That is a far as the situation has gone and we have not had the chance to speak to the player or his agent and no offer has been made to Phil Jagielka from Wigan Athletic."

Looks like the days of undervaluing our players is gone. £5 million for a player is a lot of money though, and I think that United would snap Wigan's hands off.

We enquired about Jagielka and Sheffield United told us they wanted £4 million pounds. We then bid £4 million pounds and they rejected the offer. They then told us they wanted £5 million pounds!

funniest quote i have seen in a long time with regards to united

Seems like the financial situation at the lane is looking rosy at the moment.

Turning down £4M? And look, Bramall Lane is getting spruced-up. Even the Bramall Lane stand (the non ground side which fronts Bramall Lane) has had colourful panelling attached. It no longer resembles a bus shelter on a cold, wet February morning.

And plans to develop that stand, the hotel and a new Kop.

Why, when it appears that everything is looking good, do I suddenly develop at sense of unease?

(Maybe Sam Hashimi's come back for another chance!!!!)

Setting off to the Sunderland match in a minute. The spending this season has begun :) Got my tickets for Burnley yesterday too.

With all the positives that Ousetunes has just mentioned, and the (misplaced?) optimism that I have in the team this season, I reserve the right to shout at anyone sitting near me who's moaning.

I'll post some pictures of the work at the Lane and a quickie match review later for those who hadn't got the chance to go (and if anyone's bothered.)

UTB and all that, enjoy your Saturday guys.

Archived