Blades chat - discuss the games/news here

tosh13

I'd like to see Armstrong given a go in place of Harley. Harley's been poor for a couple of years now. He can't even cross anymore.

Kozluk would do a job at left back but I'd prefer a left back with a left foot.

I also cannot see Short and Morgan working at the back. There is a distinct lack of pace there.

Maybe push Bromby into the middle and play Francis at right back. Bromby does a good job but he gets pulled around a lot and I like the look of Francis and he's very nippy.

Tongue needs to be dropped. Quinn easily deserves a game ahead of im. Gillespie is worth a go but I don't like him. Bit of an idiot with the tendancy to do something stupid and not track back.

Well jammy L***S won 2-1 but Millwall are crap anyway.I think Gray will go too Sunderland he did not look the same player when he scored & in today's People it say's Warnock is after Cresswell from Preston,we have made an off but they value him at £1m personally I think we have enough strikers & the money should be spent on a good defender,I think Short will prove to be a good signing as he has kept himself fit .Burnley next should winn easily & QPR on saturday should be a win but you never know at least Short will be back.UP THE BLADES

Originally posted by robbie

Gillespie is worth a go but I don't like him. Bit of an idiot with the tendancy to do something stupid and not track back.

Fair comment, but can't knock him til we've tried him. If he can keep his temper and supply some more of those crosses like he did to Iffil then he will be a great asset to the team.

I would like to see a back four of Francis, Bromby, Short, and Harley (providing he picks it up) Midfield of Ifill, Jags, Nalis and Gillespie with Kabba and Webber upfront. I think this team with the bench we will have can perform very well in the championship.

Originally posted by tosh13

I read in the Mirror today that the Utd fans were shouting Warnock out is this true.

I couldn't hear them.

I sit in the South Stand, 8 rows directly behind the United dugout. If I couldn't hear them, I'd be surprised if Warnock could.

I did hear the fans getting at the players for being crap all through the first half but they deserved it :)

Warnock can only do so much, if the players wander around like headless chickens on the pitch and don't do what Warnock tells them to do, why should Warnock be held responsible? The players get the praise when we win, and Warnock get's the flak when we lose.

Anyway... went down to the ticket office earlier. Got Burnley tickets a while ago but asked her how they were selling. She said it'd been slow but with the win, sales had picked up. The tickets for QPR, which we'd gone to pick up, are apparently popular but there's still some left. Few more miles will be added on to the total this week :)

Totally agree Norton,look at the Celtic fans wanting Strachan out after 1 match,fans get frustrated but they always take it out on the Board or Manager never the players.The players get paid well so they should play to there maximum potential.But we are a funny lot us supporters,it was only the 1st match & if we played bad upto the 80th minute & won 4-1 I will have that every week.Sharp is staying after turning down a contract with Scunthorpe who offered £100.000 glad he is stopping,also looks like Gray is going to Sunderland for £1m & we are looking at Morrison at Birmingham,Southampton were interested but Harry Redknapp has said it looks like Utd are putting in a big bid for him,it's getting good at the Lane all this excitement.UP THE BLADES

Forgot to add these on Saturday. Some pictures for your perusal. Again I'll link to them because they were quite hi-res:

The new look South Stand (taken by Foxy in the JSS)

The players warm up (Shipperley looks positively slim in his training top)

Bah, the other ones haven't been uploaded yet.

My match report for tomorrow might not appear until Wednesday morning and my QPR match report might be slightly garbled if I'm in any state like I was at Arsenal last season :) We're going on the train. Midland Mainline don't serve breakfasts in the morning, but they do serve cans of Carling.

I wouldn't believe all that Harry Redknapp says but he has been quite complementary about United this season.

Supposedly Preston have turned down 3 offers for Cresswell from us (?) and hardly surprising they've told us where to get off after he's been their highest scorer for 3 out of the last 4 seasons. Being that he's a Wednesday fan as well then I'm not too sure he'd want to come here anyway.

Warnock has denied being interested in Clinton Morrison, have to wait and see......

If Gray does leave then we do need to buy a replacement - Kabba and Webber are very simliar and big Ship isn't going to last 90mins too often. Wouldn't mind Shaw being given a chance but Warnock seems to have something against him - the others e.g. Sharp, San Lee, Mulligan aren't proven at this level and the last thing we need is the goal scoring farce of last season. Doesn't seem that Haidong will ever be fit enough to get a chance either - he must be good at something though being that he's adored in his home country :)

Archived