Blades chat - discuss the games/news here

tosh13

Keith Edwards was taking the P**S alnight ,the commentator said about Akynbiyi signing for Burnley & Edwards said I do not know why anyone would like to sign for them,it's bad enough living here & the only good thing about coming to Burnley is we can come home to Sheffield I L.M.A.O..He was so funny last night he could have been on the comedy channel.Anyway we won again & Short is back on saturday to show the younguns how to play the ball out of defence instead of launching it & giving away possesion.QPR Saturday should be a good game.UP THE BLADES.

Sheffield United:

Played 2,

Won 2,

6 points,

Goal difference +4,

Top of Championship.

Leeds United:

Played 2,

Won 1 Lost 1,

3 points,

Goal difference 0

9th in Championship.

Look North tonight? No mention of last night's football results!!:suspect:

Expected, or what:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sunderland have signed Gray for 1.1 million.

I suspect we may regret this as we now have no penalty taker and played in his correct position I still think he'd score 25+ goals per season.

Initial fee of £750,000 rising to £1.1million depending on appearances - saw something yesterday about some of it depending on whether Sunderland stay up or not but that seems to have vanished - good job really as we'd be kissing that goodbye :)

Just hope Warnock doesn't panic and rush in to buying someone at an inflated price now.

I'd favour a loan striker for the season and spend some money on the defense.

sonce he was willing to buy Mellor why doesn't Warnock try and loan him?

It's alright saying we should get all these players, but would Mellor want to come?

I think the deal done for Gray is a good one, seeing as we bought him for £50k. He seems to have caught Tonge malaise and was consistantly underperforming. He was slow in the Championship, I can't see him doing well in the Premiership. The number of times he was caught holding his man and backing in. It's alright but Gray holding is also a detriment to himself as it means he doesn't get away from defenders quickly. We're in no rush for a striker, but when we do look, we could do with a younger, big player. Someone to win those balls in the air.

Many people were moaning about the fees for Thirlwell and Cullip being undisclosed but if clubs know we've got money to spend, they're gonna put their prices up. This forward thinking shows that we were always planning on buying.

Any of our players should be able to take penalties. Kabba showed he could do it the other day, and it's a bit optimisic to think we'll get anymore penalties after those on the opening day :) It's Kenny saving penalties we should be worried about, because some referees will do all they can to allow the other team to beat us.

Originally posted by Norton

It's Kenny saving penalties we should be worried about, because some referees will do all they can to allow the other team to beat us.

Lol how many times did he come off his line and the officials didn't call it last season?

I think the linked players would be ok to loan in (Job and Morrison) but we would benefit from a big target man now Webber is showing us what he can do, who knows? Warnock is looking abroad for a player, but would that work now we are in season and they would have to adapt to the English game?

Blades chase Sunderland striker

Chris Brown is being linked with a season-long loan switch to Bramall Lane

The 20-year-old scored seven times for Sunderland last season but is set to struggle for a first team spot in the Premiership after the summer arrivals of Jon Stead, Anthony Le Tallec and Andy Gray from the Blades.

United boss Neil Warnock has been linked with a number of strikers in his search to replace Gray including Richard Cresswell of Preston and Birmingham City's Clinton Morrison.

Chris Brown, I think, would be a gamble of the McLeod vein.

His stats are here: Clicky

We need a big, proven goal scorer who can move :) A younger and fitter Shippereley.

PS: I'll hopefully have a match report and some good pictures from tomorrow, which I'll upload Sunday. I can't promise anything though with the Midland Mainline liquid breakfast :)

Archived