Blades chat - discuss the games/news here

tosh13

well said billy, whats the point in sacking warnock now? were 6th in the championship half way through the season, who could do any better on uniteds budget anyway? we'd only end up going down like wednesday!

brilliant crowd at toytown last nice, great to see us getting behind them for a change!

Didn't see the game (had to give it up for a friend) but I saw the goals. Direct football from Rotherham for the first, we seemed to stand still for the second and Bennett was unlucky not to get a hand on it to put it over. What was the disallowed goal for? I heard Warnock voice his opinion on the Lino and Ref but not heard why it wasn't let in.

Who would we replace Warnock with anyway if we sacked him? Would Micky Adams really come to the Lane? Mcall is not ready and there are no managers with the credentials we need without paying through the nose for it.

Originally posted by duffman

What was the disallowed goal for?

Andy Gray was "offside" but he was not interfering with play, so should not have been ruled!

Originally posted by duffman

Who would we replace Warnock with anyway if we sacked him? Would Micky Adams really come to the Lane? Mcall is not ready and there are no managers with the credentials we need without paying through the nose for it.

Why would we want Micky Adams?

His record in the prem is atrocious to say the least, and his record in div 1 this time around with supposedly a "beter" bunch of players than sheffield united is not all that good either!

He was lucky last time that he was able to keep hold of players when they went in to administration!

Watched the game in The Hadfield and although I'm disappointed with the soft goals we conceded, it's still worth remembering we're on a good run (lost one in eleven, is it?) and despite where Rotherham are in the league, it was a derby match.

Frankly, having seen Rotherham a couple of times on TV (versus Sunderland and Leeds) I did think they were the worst side in the division (albeit, having seen them just these two times, so I'm prepared to be corrected).

But in the second half they played well and deserved the draw. Yes, United were unlucky with the off-side 'goal' which would have wrapped up the game, but that's football. Infact, Halsey the ref had a very good game.

Maybe I'm mellowing as I'm getting older, but it was a good match played in the right spirit. Ronnie Moore has been fantastic for the Millers and I for one would be sad to see them relegated.

And those calling for Warnock's head: Take a look around you.

I'd hate to see Warnock go, he's done so much with so little. I think many united fans expect too much, after all, we don't really have any money and Warnock has a proven record with limited resources.

We're still in a postion where promotion is something we can realistically challenge for, so I can't understand where this talk of replacing Warnock is coming from.

Originally posted by Billy_Bass

Andy Gray was "offside" but he was not interfering with play, so should not have been ruled!

D'oheth! I read the Star and the ref said he was in no position to see if Gray was interfering so he went with the lino (fair enough)

Why would we want Micky Adams?

I don't think he can do any better than Warnock with the budgets given, but for some strange reason that is who most people I speak to would want to replace Warnock.

I think the reason some people want to get Adams in is that he is a Blades fan. I still don't know why people assume he is going to do a better job than Warnock. For the last few years we have done very well and finished around the play off places on a very low budget, so why sack the manager and bring in someone else?

A change in manager is not going to bring in more funds to buy premiership players. Thats the mistake the Owls keep making... an average of one manager sacked per season. It hasn't taken them back up to the Premiership... and it didn't keep them in the Championship (Div One) either.

I agree we need a regular goal scorer, and the main strikers aren't doing that. We have done well to be in the top 6 halfway through the season though.. and it is good that players who aren't "strikers" are scoring too. No team should rely on one really good striker too much, or things will go pear-shaped when he gets injured. I would like to see us buy a quality striker in addition to what we already have though!

We have done well to sell Jack Lester back to Notts Forest, he is apparently out for the rest of the season after getting another injury.

Originally posted by Ronin

Why won't he play Beckett? Is he injured?

The match at Millmoor was made for him.

The front two for Rotherham looked far sharper than Shaw & Gray and i'm afraid young Danny just doesn't look the goal scoring type.

Beckett was given time off as his wife was having their first kid I believe, so he should be starting after the new year.

Archived