Blades chat - discuss the games/news here

tosh13

Originally posted by carcrash

Did wednesday offer stockport a million for becket a few years ago ? I think they did but a mate says they didn't.

Help please.

The Owls did try to sign him, but I'm not sure how much they offered. However much it was, they were refused. :D

Should Jags play in midfield from now on?

He has been making sloppy errors quite often at centre back and if my memory serves me correctly we only started playing him there after he was picked there in U21's.

He was doing well at fullback before then.

I think Jags should be in midfield as Cullip looks a good signing, he had a good debut today looked solid especially in the air.

I couldn't figure out why Geary was allowed to play on the right of midfield, Warnock must be scratching his head where to play everyone now, but he made a good change bringing on Liddel and Cad's at half time they made a difference for sure.

Hopefully Cullips arrival will sharpen up the defence now they know they will have some serious competition.

Atmosphere was a bit crap, I was sat in the family stand and it was quiet as.... I was sat behind Emanuelle Gabrielli, he really wants to play but says he just can't make it in the team.

yesterdays game was laughable in first half!

we was outplayed in first half and they deserved the lead.

how can we start a game with 6 defenders?

playing a a back 5, and another defender in midfield!!

it just did not seem to make sense when we had liddle on bench who is doing extremely well of late!!

second half was a lot better, i was sat with my head in my hands when it was said gray had come on at half time, but i was cheering when i realised they must have made a mistake as shaw was missing!!

but even though cads was lively when he came on i think he shud stick more to the middle than going down the left all the time, as we are therefore left with one striker in middle!!

and tonge....... GRRRRRR so much potential, if only he did not watch ball all time

I also cringed when they Gary sinclair (who was off form with a sore throat) said Gray had come off but it took me 5 minutes to realise there was no gleaming bald head of Shaw running about. Tonge was unsure with the ball around the penalty area until he took the shot that hit the bar, then he started to run more. I can't figure out why it needs this to get the player going, they know they have the ability to run through defences.

I just hope Warnock can be man enough to drop someone like Jags or Morgan to keep them on their toes and not put one of them in midfield, we have players in that position who do not need moving about or bein benched.

What the **** is warnock doing?? We started the game with 4 central defenders on the pitch against a very very poor team? why?? we should have gone out there to attack them from the start!!!!

The whole point of bringing cullip in is to shore up the defence- that done- why bother playing jags in a position he is clearly not used to and make him run around like a headless chicken for 45minutes, you either drop him or put him in midfield!!!

And Poor liddel must wonder what he has done wrong, no discredit to geary cos he is a battler and a top tackler but liddel gives us that extra edge- good crosses, running at players, links well with bromby and cadimartri- he must start every game!!!

And how anyone can drop cadimartari is beyond me- we looked a differant team in the second half because of him- he was linking up the play between midfield and attack - laying the ball off for tongue on the right (who should stick to playing on the right as it is clear that he lacks the vision to be a central midfielder) and all in all putting himself about and working for the ball with great sucess!!!

I was ready to leave at half time unless warnock changed it, am glad he did- surely he must see that we should stick to an attacking 4-4-2 formation (unless we are playing a very good team) and most of all - keep cadimateri and liddlel in the team.

Blades v Coventry

A win for the Blades at Coventry coming from a goal down too. Stern John scoring in the first 20 mins after having a (very, very dodgy) penalty saved by Ian Bennett (I think we should try to sign him)

but two goals before half time put us ahed Morgan and Gray scoring.

Sounded a good game, I couldn't make it down but listened to it on the radio. Results went our way except for Reading winning and what a win for Rotherham!

Next up the foxes, C'mon you Blades!

Archived